• This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • 2 Broke girls – fans & haters
  • hora
    Free Member

Who finds it funny? After a break from watching the series I caught an episode and found myself laughing in various bits. They have horrible NY accents yet even though it should be tired- there are still moments where you laugh out loud.

Mrsh is a hater. I thought it’d appeal to girlies?!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not for me, giggled at the first couple of episodes but haven’t watched it since then.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

There are haters !!?.

hels
    Free Member

Awful awful awful. And sexist. And short person ist, Chineseist etc etc. No racial or class stereotype is left unexplored.

DezB
    Free Member

Have you seen Broad City? Part cringe part hilarious. Worth a watch 🙂

ebennett

Awful awful awful. And sexist. And short person ist, Chineseist etc etc. No racial or class stereotype is left unexplored.

+1 – It’s like they set out to make a parody of all the various “isms” in sitcoms but forgot what they were doing half way through.

SamB
    Free Member

Awful show. I don’t find it funny whatsoever, and it’s full of dreadful stereotypes. Kat Dennings is its only saving grace :swoon:

tomhoward

It’s a bit predictable, but funny in parts.

Much prefer Brooklyn nine nine

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The bits that feature Jennifer Coolidge (Blond, Polish, formerly Stiflers mum) are normally pretty funny. The rest is plain awful. Don’t hate it, theres just not enough good bits to make me want to watch it regularly.

hora
    Free Member

I hear you and agree but still find it funny…. and I’d bought the boxset. I can see why its bad but that just makes me laugh

martinhutch

Watched it once. It was nice to see that the US is just as capable of making rubbish sitcoms as the UK. A lot of previously pretty good shows are in their death throes as well – eg Big Bang Theory. I can’t watch that now without thinking “They’re all getting $1m an episode for this…”.

Brooklyn Nine Nine has its moments.

wrecker
    Free Member

American sit-coms, in the main are shite. Over acted, full of canned laughter and prescriptive. The “jokes” are almost always telegraphed.
    The only two I’ve enjoyed were community and arrested development.

mrjmt
    Free Member

can’t believe nobody has mentioned the

yet.

ebennett

American sit-coms, in the main are shite. Over acted, full of canned laughter and prescriptive. The “jokes” are almost always telegraphed.
    The only two I’ve enjoyed were community and arrested development.

Loved those two (apart from the final netflix season of AD). 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation are worth a watch too if you like that sort of thing.

Nico
    Free Member

Loved those two

Excellent placement.

wrecker
    Free Member

Been meaning to check out parks and recreation, thanks,

hora
    Free Member

I’m a leg man myself

kimbers

parks and rec, 30 rock, arrested development really like, not watched community
    2 broke girls- pile of poo, theres tons of ladies all over the internet if thats what youre after, dont see the need to justify your T&A urges by sitting through a terrible comedy show

ebennett

Been meaning to check out parks and recreation, thanks,

First season is a bit hit and miss (as with most sitcoms), but it picks up in the 2nd season and the 3rd is excellent.

This sums up the lifespan of sitcoms excellently:

Sitcom lifespan

DezB
    Free Member

Seriously! You need to check out Broad City. You’ll either love it or hate it. But it’s not boring!

donncha

I have no idea how 2 broke girls got made.
    It’s like they are trying to create a parody of an unfunny sitcom.
    Truly dreadful stuff.

Arrested development was great and as is Parks and Recreation (simply for the Ron Swanson moments).

hora
    Free Member

Seriously! You need to check out Broad City. You’ll either love it or hate it. But it’s not boring!

I love love hate stuff. Whats that cartoon comedy based in a national park? my best mate loves it and I want to hurt someone as its like a very unfunny cartoon.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Whats that cartoon comedy based in a national park?

hora
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

Last night watched an eposide where two characters were supposed to have Irish accents. Oh my they were appalling!!! 😆

toby1

Don’t trust the b!tch in apartment 23, far superior in my view, Krysten Ritter plays it excellently and most of the hate is directed at James van der Beek – often by himself.

Parks and Rec is just excellent.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘2 Broke girls – fans & haters’ is closed to new replies.