Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2 bikes on ebay: not sure if something is suspicious
  • SaxonRider

I’ve been perusing road bikes, and saw this Pinarello first.

Then, at the bottom of the page, under ‘other items I might be interested in’, I saw this Pinarello.

The sellers are in different locations, but both are selling Pinarellos, the mix of fonts is the same, and the wording is exactly the same in both adverts.

Has one guy just copied text from the other, or is something fishy going on?

taxi25
    Free Member

The wordings not really the same, just the bit about a bike fit and it rides like a dream.
    Also ones collection only and the other he’ll post. Saying that who knows, ❓

stevied
    Free Member

Up for sale is my Pinarello FP Uno Road Bike. It has been used only as a summer bike and has been kept in very good condition. The bike has never been raced or crashed!! I have been the proud and only owner from new.

Up for sale is my Pinarello FP Uno Carbon Road Bike. It has been used only as a summer bike and has been kept in very good condition. There are some very small marks on the frame but not noticeable unless looking very closely and a few bits of cable rub around the headset area. On the right hand rear inner stay not visible when the wheel is in it has rubbed away some of the paint (due to not putting the wheel in correctly) which I have tried to show best in the photos. Also the back of the seat post is marked from a saddle bag and handlebars marked from light mounts along with saddle scuffs. Purely cosmetic. The bike has never been raced or crashed!! I have been the proud and only owner from new.

Looks pretty much the same to me..
    As does this:

Frame size is 56cm. Pinarello geometry and sizing is different to that of other brands. I had a full bike fit when this was purchased and have had no aches or pains from riding it. I am 5ft 10″ with an inside leg of 31″. Would fit someone between 5ft 8″ – 5ft 10″

Frame size is 49cm. Pinarello geometry and sizing is different to that of other brands. I had a full bike fit when this was purchased and have had no aches or pains from riding it. I am 5ft 9″ with an inside leg of 31″. Would fit someone between 5ft 8″ – 5ft 10″ ideally with an inside leg of between 30-33.

🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

I think eBay offers you to use an existing item as a template when your writing it

Legoman
    Free Member

the_chosen_llama – Member

I think eBay offers you to use an existing item as a template when your writing it

^this would be my assumption. I use this feature when I’m selling on ebay – saves the faff of creating a listing form scratch.

That said, the number of muppets you encounter of ebay these days means it’s always sensible to be cautious.

I’d drop him a message with a few questions and see if you get a coherent response.

thomthumb
    Free Member

[/quote]I think eBay offers you to use an existing item as a template when your writing it

yep. i nick other peoples descriptions to sell on ebay. them embelsish add to them a bit. 😉

I’d drop him a message with a few questions and see if you get a coherent response.

+1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2 bikes on ebay: not sure if something is suspicious’ is closed to new replies.