Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2 and 4 year old in the big smoke, braving the Olympics- top tips?
  • TomB

Hi all. We are travelling down on the train from way up north for 4 days of soaking up olympic spirit next week. `we have full days free wed/thurs, with wed taken up with the time trial in bushy park. We are going to go to the BT live thing in Hyde Park thurs afternoon, and hope to also take the bairns to the natural history museum and for an icecream (1 between 4) at the ice cream parlour at Harrods 8)

Looking to Londoners and parents for top tips on a) surviving and b) making the most of this little interlude in the big smoke. Kids are into anything, but particularly will like bus rides, lifts and escalators/travellators and not too much walking as they will be cream crackered the whole time, I think!

We are staying with family in Battersea, if that helps? Ta!

nickjb
    Free Member

Just back from BT live and the security were pretty funny about what you could take in. Eat and drink well beforehand.

Looks like you are on it but taking the bus is much more interesting than taking the tube. Great views from the top deck.

TheBrick
    Free Member

its either the number 9 or 11 bus route is still on a old route master and passes lots of good tourist attractions.

grantway
    Free Member

you can do the London eye and the london aquarium
    this will be a good start both place are a Two minute walk
    away from each other

Also take a look at the Duck tours
    this is a tour on a Amphibious coach/barge that has you going along the streets
    and then drives you down the Thames.

Your kids will remember this for a very long time.

London Eye

London Aquarium

Duck Tours

mogrim

Get a river boat down the Thames, we went from the Tower to Westminster last year and my girls loved it (although they are a fair bit older than yours!)

restless
    Free Member

we have done all the toursity things in London, but my youngest son (3) still prefers the Tube !

nickb

Dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum – always a winner!

I’ll be in Bushy Park on Saturday (road race) and Wednesday (time trial) – the Pheasantry cafe in Bushy Park is a handy place, and the gardens area where it’s based is great for small kids. Also the Tiltyard Cafe at Hampton Court is good for food and kid friendly.

There’s also a great kids playground in bushy park (next to the gate near Hampton Court) – will easily keep the little ones entertained for an hour or so, and is virtually on the route of both the road race and time trial.

Have fun,
    Nick

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2 and 4 year old in the big smoke, braving the Olympics- top tips?’ is closed to new replies.