Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 1×9 with middleburn uno…
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

not going to be a prob using a middleburn uno with a 1×9 set up is it???

just chainline issues perhaps??
    will use a ft mech to keep it on.

bonesetter
    Free Member

love mine – no drop device needed

Dibbs
    Free Member

Aren’t there any downhills where you live? that looks so limiting.

HTTP404
    Free Member

no drop device needed

you’re either riding on the road or not riding it like you should be!
    you don’t have a bashring to keep it from offing off the outside or anything to keep the chain coming off the inside. ime that’s double the trouble.

on my set-up it required an outer retainer (bash) and an inner n-stop device to eliminate chain offings on bumpy track. Trying to run extra tension helps a little bit.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Im with HTTP404 beeen running 1×9 with just an outer bashgaurd on a ramped chainring now for 2 months and chain comes off all the time . Definately go for something on either side if your going off road i was thinking of something like this what do ya think?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

maybe its just me who found the DMR chain device flexy and rubbish at keeping the chain on. If it is just me then does anyone want to buy it off me?

The new MRP top guide look good though, not on sale yet AFAIK.

bonesetter
    Free Member

In the two years of riding my SIR 9 1×9 I have NEVER lost the chain. It looks clean, and it’s lighter.

bedmaker

1×9 for a few years here now. Middleburn/ Surly SS/ Short cage mech. Lost the chain 3 times, mostly on the black at Laggan at speed. It is a touch rougher than the average trail though.
    Uno ring puts the chainlie a bit further out than you want. SS ring on the inside of the spider with a 113 BB axle is spot on.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

hmm, looked at it again today, think i’m gonna use a different c/set, as the chain line is so off. might make it 2×9 now… thanks 🙂

bonesetter
    Free Member

I use a Shimano UN72 113mm BB and I have ran 1×9 and SS and chainline is fine.

I know some folk have chain drop problems with their 1×9 set-ups, but as I said I haven’t. I regularly ride steps, chunk, trail centres, 1-2′ drops. Short cage rear mech and tight chain is all I have done.

I find I can get up (& down) almost everything I ride. The pic is with a 32t Uno, although at the mo I have a 30t fitted (clown size wheels) which has slackened the chain some, but still no drops.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1×9 with middleburn uno…’ is closed to new replies.