Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 1×9 setup
  • Locoboy
    Free Member

When you run a 1×9 set up do you just bin off the granny ring and the outer chain ring and front mech? Or do you tend to go for a different number of teeth on the single chain ring?

banks
    Free Member

Went smaller on the middle ring – 33t renthal as i like nice things & they are only round the corner.

Just binned the big & small rings from my triple, will get so dedicated single rings cranks at somepoint

akira

32-34 teeth is generally what people run, you might need some single ring chainring bolts.

xdownhiller
    Free Member

i run a 36 front and 11/34 rear good for everything with a lg1 device

shindiggy
    Free Member

Shorter chain ring bolts, chain guide.

swamp_boy

I kept the same number of teeth [34] but dedicated single rings are nice, they aren’t made for shifting so have higher teeth and are less likely to throw the chain. Not a big issue with a chain device or if you keep the front mech.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Kept the 32 middle ring and ditched the big and granny on my heavy bike.
    Switched to a 36T middle on my light bike.

11-34 on both.

Chain device on both.

It’s strangly liberating!

spectabilis
    Free Member

I run a 40t plus chain device. Got removable spider cranks and shallow bolts.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Or add a bash/guide ring.

supertacky
    Free Member

I’m 1×9 with straightline silent guard. 32 up front and 36-11 on the rear no issues. would probably get away with a 34 up front but for steep sustained Scottish climbs I like having the option.

Bike is silent apart from tyre noise.

Great.

I wont be going back to 2 or 3 rings up front.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1×9 setup’ is closed to new replies.