Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 1×9 Set up
  • 1kcove
    Free Member

Thinking of trying a 1×9 set up, will i need a device to stop the chain from jumping inside & outside of the chainring, any ideas or pictures.

Sawyer
    Free Member

Superstar XCR chainguide is what I’m using. £16.99

squiff
    Free Member
    1kcove
    Free Member

Had a look good price compared to the mrp one, also i have a new middleburn chainring with ramps & pins. Should i keep it for now or get something else?

squiff
    Free Member

Dont get the mrp its rubbish, cheap plastic and bolts will round out quick, superstar is a lot better made

1kcove
    Free Member

Yes thank’s i wil get the superstar one.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

holy what. why so cheap? is a new one coming?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you have an unramped chainring and get the chain length right you may find you don’t need a chain device

Jeffus
    Free Member

E-13 SRS is agood option not the cheapest but my chain has never come off, I use a single ring with no ramps.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

N Gear jump stop on inside and bash on outside;

Pic here (sorry dont know how to link) http://nwalps.fotopic.net/p66851027.html

Also use a MTB short cage rear mech which keep the chain a bit tighter.

1kcove
    Free Member

Nice one NW Alps Jeyer aka Boz why did you go for a 1×9 set up ?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

1kcove – went for the 1×9 set up as i had the bits lying around and was trying out the 29er thing for the first time, so wanted a simple bike.

Its fine for my local rides for a few hours, but im not fit enough to ride without a granny ring on proper hills!

GW
    Free Member

If you have an unramped chainring and get the chain length right and only ride dull smooth trails like an absolute mincing queen you may find you don’t need a chain device

😉

if you ride rough trails or switch feet by backpedalling you may find just a top guide not enough to hold your chain on.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

GW – thats what i’m wondering but hey at £13.99 a go its worth a shot!

Skoolshoes
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘1×9 Set up’ is closed to new replies.