Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 1×9 question
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

just gone to 1×9 setup and at the moment running 32 t front 11-32 rear , I have seen some cassette with a 11-34 so the 34 t would give me an even easier gear ??? or would the 2 extra teeth not make much difference ??

RealMan
    Free Member

It would give you an easier gear yes.

It would make a difference, but you may not notice.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I see cheers I also see CRC selling a 12 -36 not sure if this is possible ???

RealMan
    Free Member

As long as its 9 speed it should be fine. Its probably a 29er specific one, but as far as I know will still work, but you may have to adjust your mech.

carbon337
    Free Member

im thinking of going 1×9 but do I need a chain retention device above the chainring?

I have a 32T ring that works fine for where I ride, but also a blackspire stinger on the BB mount.

I dont really want to get a new chain guide jobby as the stinger works great – I think I’ve seen ones that mounts on the seatube where my mech was but its on a five so the space there is limited. Where can you get these type? Who sells them?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

To go with your Stinger you’d need something along the lines of the DMR Chain Cage. The Paul’s Chain Keeper type guides would not, by my reckoning, be much use at somewhere like the place which shall not be named – you’d probably be losing the chain off the top of the ring quite regularly.

takisawa2

Yes, the extra 2t does make a difference. It means my 22t is pretty much redundant anywhere on Cannock Chase. But thats just me, old slow me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘1×9 question’ is closed to new replies.