Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 1×11 xt groupset
  • neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

Hello,
    Does anyone know of anywhere doing decent deals on a 1×11 shimano xt groupset, preferably including brakes.
    Cheers

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Try the german sites.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Merlin.
    I just got mine ( without brakes ) from Evans for £299

sam_underhill

Ordering separate bits you need from evans was as good a price as any when I bought last year.

iain1775
    Free Member

My LBS has just pretty much priced matched the german sites for my XT (with XTR shifter) ‘groupset’

coffeeking
    Free Member

Matching online sites kills LBS’s. If you’re going to order from them at least do so at a decent price, they have overheads. Otherwise buy online from the guys that don’t have the overheads.

scotroutes

The LBS can always say “no”. I did.

damascus
    Free Member

A lbs can always say no. Sometimes it’s worth it to gain a customer and hydraulic brakes always need shortening and rebleeding

steve_b77
    Free Member

I got mine from Evans’ for £292 all in (sans BB) with a M8000 / 6800 chain.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yeah, they try not to though (having worked in one for a while) Taking the hits on mates rates and never recouping the costs on other bits. most people buying a groupset won’t need it fitting, if they don’t need it fitting they don’t need pretty much anything else doing and will only come back for more cheap parts. That’s how we ended up going under.

iain1775
    Free Member

Coffeeking
    I didn’t ask them to price match, I gave them a list of bits I wanted they came back with their price
    They happened to be only £3 more expensive than bike-discount
    I’m happy to pay an extra £3 and support a local business over a massive german shop, presumably they are happy too
    I am throwing another £150 of business their way as a result as I’m having them service my reverb and invisiframe the frame, something I probably would have done myself has I not been using them for the groupset, I’ll probably now use them for fork and shock servicing in the future as well

And for what it’s worth their overheads are minimal as its one man in a workshop, not a shop as such
    But it does show that some businesses can survive and turn a profit against cut throat online pricing in fact there is at least three of these smaller one man and a small unit type businesses opened my way in the last couple of years – Belper Cycles, BigOnBikes and Daves Bicycle Workshop
    All of them give far better service than any of the more traditional LBS’s

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘1×11 xt groupset’ is closed to new replies.