Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 1×11 shifting woes
  • adsh
    Free Member

Moved from flawless XTR M980 1×10 to hybrid 1×11

Shifter – XT 11sp (no XTR Ispec B)
    Rear Mech – M9000 medium cage shadow plus etc
    Chain – XT 11sp
    Cassette – XX1 10-42
    Crank M985 – absolute black 32 NW

Issues – change worse with clutch on. Doesn’t like to change towards the 10 from the middle of the cassette onwards, adjust for this and it doesn’t want to change towards the 42 as much. Very sensitive to cable tension.

It’s been fettled by someone who got my 10speed flawless. New cable etc. Only think I could possibly critique is that the m985 chainline is definately biased towards the 10 though would have thought that would make it better where it is currently worse.

Ideas – currently don’t want to race on it on Sunday.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

what chain?
    KMC are incompatible…

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I had problems with my 11 speed xtr rear mech . I found that it was so stiff to shift and it was better with clutch off . I swapped for a xt 11 rear mech and solved the problem . The clutch on the m9000 had issues and has gone back for warranty . Im not impressed with 11 speed xtr and found xt much better .

squealingbrakes
    Free Member

Got full M8000 1×11 set up on a new(ish) bike. Shifting is much stiffer than I was expecting (compared to my previous Sram X9 set up). Doesn’t seem to make much difference with clutch on or off – tried easing off the clutch adjustment.

Next step to check the cable is running freely – or is designed to be like this?

sillyoldman

Nope – mine is light and positive on 1×11 XT and XTR set ups on different bikes.

Sounds like a draggy cable.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My M9000 xtr and M8000 xt 1×11 set ups are both smooth shifting.

The XT has replaced 10speed on the same bike with the same routing and it’s smoother.

I can only think the routing it a bit compromised or you’ve got a damaged outer or inner?

Did you use the cables the shifters came woth.

squealingbrakes
    Free Member

Havent touched it.Cable routing looks smooth so maybe the problem is in the down tube. Needs fiddle for starters, maybe followed by a new outer

nick1962
    Free Member

what chain?
    KMC are incompatible…

Really? Mine works fine.M8000 cassette,shifter and derailler.

everyone
    Free Member

AFAIK KMC chains didn’t work when AB first released their thick thin rings but someone (presumably AB) tweaked their designs so that you can now use KMC chains.

adsh
    Free Member

Looks like one or all of my m9000 mech, XT shifter or XT chain don’t like the XX1 cassette. Replaced with an XTR 11-40 and shifting is instantly faultless.

AlexSimon

Can confirm that my recently bought Absolute Black chainring is working fine with a KMC chain.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘1×11 shifting woes’ is closed to new replies.