Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 1×11 Salsa Fargo
  • Ioneonic

Anyone managed to run 1×11 with 38T or above (plus 10-42 cassette) on their Fargo?
    If so what was the set up?
    73mm BB, SRAM MB 1×11 chainsets (eg GX1400) have 49mm chainline which looks about right, but clearance on chainstay looks to be an issue above 36T or perhaps 38T.
    Any way around this?

My ideal gearing would be 38T, 10-42 but I could avoid an XD conversion on the rear if there was any sensible way to get higher on the front without likely chain rub etc. First build so treat me like I know very little.

midlifecrashes

I really can’t help much, as I’ve used a triple on mine(36 middle ring), but I’ve gone from a Mk1 to a Mk2 frame and noticed I had to rearrange the spacers, so it might be handy to know which version of the frame you have, as they seem to vary in spec over the years.

Ioneonic

Good point.
    Both my frames are Mk2. The one I’m about to build up is 2012 Titanium
    http://salsacycles.com/bikes/archive/2012_fargo_ti

GregMay
    Free Member

Not done it, but you shouldn’t have much of an issue TBH.

I’ve a Ti Fargo too – they are very nice.

Ioneonic

Just to update it takes a 38t up front fine. Might take a 40 but I doubt any bigger than that.

Here is the final build (my first ever build)

[/url]Fargo Ti by Lyle Straight, on Flickr[/img]

tang
    Free Member

Lindarets road link or the new tanpan are what you need. Shimano 1×11 with big cassette on road sti.

midlifecrashes

Ooh, nice bike mister.

Been considering Archetypes for my gas pipe Fargo, what tyres are those?

Ioneonic

They are Compass Barlow Pass

Ioneonic

…sorry pressed send by mistake. They are tubed but still feel really nice to ride. 38mm, I run 50 rear 40 front on the road and less off road. When Compass release tubeless version I’ll probably switch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘1×11 Salsa Fargo’ is closed to new replies.