Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 1×11 rubbing issue
  • monkeyninja
    Free Member

I have just installed a new xt 1×11 drivetrain, I’m using my old 2008 xtr cranks with a 30t hope chainring. Previously I’ve used these cranks with a 1×9 setup with a 34t chainring and no issues. The new set up shifts well throughout the gears, however when in the lowest gear there is rubbing at the front when the chainring teeth engage into the chain.. The higher up the gears you go the rubbing disappears. Would removing one drive side spacer help?

STATO
    Free Member

The hope 30t moves the chainring to the left, so youd need to ADD a spacer to the drive side to put it back in the same place relative to your previous 34t. But that presumes you have a spacer on the non-drive to move across.

[edit] just re-read and seems you actually have opposite problem, which is odd given the 30t has already been moved to the left (and you want to move it further). Not sure of relative position of the large sprocket on 9 vs 10 speed cassettes, perhaps the 10 is further across. More likley its just your new chain has not yet loosened off and will stop rubbing after a few rides anyway.

monkeyninja
    Free Member

It could be the fact everything is new, the gear shift is crisp, there is no back pedal issue as per other 11 speed thread, it just seems that when you turn the cranks whilst the bike is in the stand you can feel and here the rubbing. I haven’t had it outside to test yet.. I just thought there was an issue as it wasn’t a smooth as my old 1×9 setup

benpinnick

Thats a pretty common issue for 1x anything with a cog bigger than 36T. The chainline is not awesome! What cranks are your XTRs? Double or triple? which version?

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Xtr triples 2008

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘1×11 rubbing issue’ is closed to new replies.