• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by juan.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 1X10 with the 40/42 T upgrade
  • juan
    Free Member

Will that work on HT a with a non clutch rear mech and without a chain retainer?
    Or am I looking for trouble and numerous trail stop to put the chain back on?
    Cheers

benpinnick

I ran it for a while a few years back, but I added a chain device soon enough as it was a bit annoying although the chain drop wasnt as bad as I thought it might have been.

juan
    Free Member

cheers.

paladin

My 456 has an Ace components 42t along with 32t NW and a normal slx mech. Only dropped the chain a couple of times. When the mech dies I’ll replace it with a clutch, but its fine as it is for now.

whitestone
    Free Member

I run 1×10 with Hope 40Trex, clutch mech and NW chainring. No chain retainer. Occasionally during cleaning I’ll knock the clutch off and forget to put it back. Not had chain drop yet. This is on a HT.

Andy-R

I ran 1×10 with a 40T OneUp sprocket, Zee mech and RaceFace 30T chainring for three months in Greece last year – so lots of rocky, rough terrain, probably similar to what you have.
    I had no chain problems, apart from when I picked up a piece of baler twine.
    This was on a Genesis Alpitude.

g5604
    Free Member

Your choice of front chain ring will make a big difference. Also the length of your rear mech cage

juan
    Free Member

Are some front rings better than others?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘1X10 with the 40/42 T upgrade’ is closed to new replies.