Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 1×10 chain guide options?
  • BearBack
    Free Member

Looking to build my bb92 650b genius up as 1×10 with a chain device but not sure what options are have?
    Front mech would be direct mount e-type with bb mount removed. USCG tabs are an option but seat tube mount types are not.

What upper only chain guidea are available for my application?
    Stock image of bb area

Tia

Northwind

MRP make a direct-mount guide that should bolt straight on…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Try without first. I’ve been 1×10 for a few months and about 15 rides now with no chain drops. I just replaced my larger chainring with a bash guard and ditched the front mech altogether. So far so good. Going to order a Wolftooth chainring with XX1 style teeth soon as I need a larger one for belt and braces.

Northwind

OK, but don’t try it on a ride you’re looking forward to- I don’t think I got more than a quarter of a mile without dropping the chain when i tried going without one (on a normal E13 Guide Ring, not an XX1 style, but with a clutch). bashring would have helped a little but it wouldn’t have stopped it dropping off the inside.

tmb467
    Free Member

Don’t say that!!

I’ve got one planned tomorrow and I’m risking it with no bash or chain guide

Brand new chain and renthal ring with clutch mech, and when I was building it, the chain seemed to stick to the ring so I reckoned it might be ok. Won’t be doing mental downhill though. Just slow technical stuff …mebbe

wobbliscott
    Free Member

You can always take out a few chain links to ensure you’ve got good positive spring pressure on at all times. I do have a clutch mech, so that might be a key contributory factor.

Northwind

tmb467 – Member

I’ve got one planned tomorrow and I’m risking it with no bash or chain guide

It might be fine, some folks seem to get on OK. I won’t do it again though…

tmb467
    Free Member

Aye – well we’ll see. I’ve got a few options – superstar or cheap MRP top guides or a full g2 SL for a good price (if he’s still got it by the time I make my mind up)

Was considering the wolf tooth ring or the absolute black one (after reading that thread a few weeks back) but ill see how it goes now (wishful thinking that it will be painless!)

BearBack
    Free Member

Ah.. S3/e mount? Perfect!!

loddrik
    Free Member

Using a Superstar one but try as I might I can’t get the bloody thing to stop rubbing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1×10 chain guide options?’ is closed to new replies.