Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 1x drop bar options?
  • scruff
    Free Member

What are there? After sameish range as my 2x tiagra. Commuting every day often off road and the recent wet weather has seized a front cable and it seems the shifter is playing up. Don’t mind mixing road with MTB cassettes but the compatibility is a minefield.Dont mind SRAM or Shimano but would like it to work with my mechanical TRP spyres.

vincienup
    Free Member

I think options are currently limited to SRAM CX1 if you want matching levers or use a third party brake only lever on the left. I’ve never tried running a Shimano STI with no gear cable, I’d think it might flop a bit?

ianfitz
    Free Member

I’m running 1x with Shimano hydro brakes and 11 speed. Xt mech with a sram 10-42 cassette.

Using a linderets tanpan to adjust the cable pull. It all works well. A little fiddly to set up but hasn’t needed any adjustments since.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

no surprise that SRAM are ahead of the game compared to Shimano on this. The latter needs tanpans, or limited cassettes, or flat-bar shifters, and so on.

RustySpanner

Bar end lever?

Cheap, works, doesn’t tie you into any particular system.
    If you want indexing, there’s 8-11 speed options.and you can mix and match to your heart’s delight.

TiRed

Gevenalle. They’ll convert TRP Spyres too. I run a NW 38T chainring on a 130 BCD SRAM red carbon road crank.

joemmo
    Free Member

I’ve never tried running a Shimano STI with no gear cable, I’d think it might flop a bit?

It flops if you try and shift with it but otherwise it’s absolutely fine to run the left without a cable, braking isn’t affected.

cookeaa
    orangeboy
    Free Member

My all city has 11 speed ultegra hydro with 38 narrow wide front ring and 11-40 rear cassette

And a long cage ultegra rear mech

No adapter things just works as it is

scruff
    Free Member

Orange boy what model is that?

whattiler
    Free Member

Any Sram levers will work with any Sram MTB mech of the same speed. So, cheapest option would be Apex road levers with something like a GX long cage clutch mech. This would let you run up to 40 on the back. No flopping with Sram levers so you can get a 2×10 levers and keep the innards in or they are quite easy to take out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘1x drop bar options?’ is closed to new replies.