Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 1x chain set/cranks
  • neil853
    Free Member

What do people run/recommend? I have some xtr on there now, but they’re the race ones with the funny bcb so I’m going to get some new ones, not looking top end something circa £100-150?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

3 speed XT ones.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve the Race Face Evolve with a 30T chainring. Nothing to compare it with as it’s my first 1x drivetrain. Has worked fine for the 2200Km I’ve done on it so far though I had to put a new BB on the other week but the cranks/chainring have been fine.

elliott-20
    Free Member

XT. Thread closed.

neil853
    Free Member

What’s the difference in cranks between deore, slx and xt? Much?

chrishc777
    Free Member

Somewhere around 150g between each I think. I run SLX on both bikes but if some black XT ones come up cheap second hand I’d get them. Triples are the cheaper option too and don’t need any messing about with to get a good chainline either whilst people seem to have trouble setting up doubles for 1×10.

neil853
    Free Member

150g between xt and slx?

RicB

The difference between slx and xt crank arms is negligible; the difference between the full cranksets is mostly down to the different middle rings.

SLX triple ftw, unless you’re bothered by image

ton

got a 30 tooth sram x1 at present. changing it to a 22/32 deore.

1 x is crap imho.

neil853
    Free Member

I’m not, £20 difference or so in price but of its pointless….

neil853
    Free Member

Fair play ton, I’ve been riding 1x for about three years so its normal for me now

frogstomp

If they’re they right size / q-factor / BB.. cheap SRAM XX1/X01 cranks from Planet X with a direct mount chainring. If not.. XT!

Daffy

I’ve got a practically mint SRAM XX1 with a 32t chainring which you can have for £150 posted.

Mail me if interested?

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

daffy YGM

neil853
    Free Member

Mailed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘1x chain set/cranks’ is closed to new replies.