Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 1x 11 setup on a new style BFe
  • clanton
    Free Member

Having an issue getting the 1×11 set up on my BFe. I bought an XT build kit from Merlin cycles – my first foray into 1×11 but previously I briefly ran the same frame as 1×9 with no issues – this on a standard XT double chainrin with no front mech.

Trouble is the chain drops off on the inside of the front ring when I try to shift up to the biggest two gears on the back. Seems like a chainline issue? I am not running a chain guide – but I shouldn’t need one with a clutch mech and a narrow/wide chainring?

I have tried to improve the chain line by shifting the BB spacer to the non drive side which I think made a marginal difference but not enough.

nickc

it’s more likely to be the limit screw on the derailleur

sillyoldman

The chainline using a double chainset with the T/T ring in granny position is wider than that of a triple chainset with the TT ring in the middle position. Get some 2-3mm chainring spacers and move the ring inwards.

Moving BB spacers around does the same thing, but also moves your pedals over too which I’d avoid.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I’m running 11sp on mine without issue. I’ve got an XT triple running a narrow wide on the middle ring with one BB spacer on the drive side. I found 11sp more sensitive to setup than 9sp and 10sp, so I’d check the limit screw and make sure the mech is aligned before fitting chain…

Jeffus
    Free Member

I run xt triple with RF NW and xt 11 speed it really is sensitive to set up cable tension seems to be critical.
    Just built up a new bike with a full xt group set with the new xt cranks set up was slightly easier. Not ridden it yet.

otsdr
    Free Member

As above, space the chainring in 2mm.

benpinnick

Are you shurethey didnt supply a boost chainring for your cranks? That would make alot of difference.

clanton
    Free Member

Thanks eill check derailleur setup and get some spacers.

What is a boost chainring?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘1x 11 setup on a new style BFe’ is closed to new replies.