Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • 1st STW Rant
  • Jamie
    Free Member

panic buying a couple of days before the 25th December.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7zUegHjOKM[/video]

sparksmcguff

Anyone fancy doing a little teeny rant sub-rant on the topic of X-Mas v. Chirstmas?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Mantastic – Member
    Why dont you boycott that isle?

thread closed

redthunder
    Free Member

It’s not a truly spontaneous rant.

It’s to considered and preplanned…. marked down.

Bunnyhop

I’m hoping it’ll put more people off shopping at supermarkets and going into their local independent shops before they all disappear.

6/10 for rantabliltiy.

Jamie
    Free Member

and going into their local independent shops before they all disappear.

Do they have mince pies for me to purchase now then?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

and going into their local independent shops before they all disappear.

Yeh, chances are they’ll be out of date by Christmas tho’.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeh, chances are they’ll be out of date by Christmas tho’.

Not if I give ’em to this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Park_(Mr._Christmas)

Bunnyhop

Our local shop makes mince type pies all year round 🙂
    Remember Jamie, we live ooop North, the land of PIE.

Junkyard
    Free Member

where as you live down south where all you do is mince
    FinishedTFY

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on Christmas already

DOH !

Too late 😥

( wanders off into dark corner )

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It’s nearly Easter, isn’t it?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

If you don’t buy your x**s stuff now come decemebr it’ll be too late as those same aisles will be selling suntan lotion, flip-flops, and all thos holiday gadgets that you never knew you needed…

And don’t get me started on piped x**s music… Piped music at any time is unnacceptable but the aural assualt is even worse in the season of forced festivity.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I did once try to buy tinsel in December. Its actually not possible.

Not only that but when asked the shop assistant I got looks like I was some kind of insane morom being deliberately difficult.

nealglover
    Free Member

I did once try to buy tinsel in December. Its actually not possible.
    Not only that but when asked the shop assistant I got looks like I was some kind of insane morom being deliberately difficult.

Were you in a Greengrocers ?

Round here anywhere that sells Christmas Decorations etc sell them right through new year and have sales to get rid of what’s left. I always buy stuff like that after Christmas.

(I know it’s not “STW cool” but I actually like Christmas, and don’t feel “forced” or duped into into anything. I just enjoy it. But realise that’s not the done thing round here.)

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve not spotted any x**s pop-up shops yet but I’m sure that there must be…

maccruiskeen

Retailers will tell you the stock is there because theres a demand, if they knew we’d all rather be buying bbqs and sunloungers just now thats what would be on the shelves

Plenty of us can quite happily ignore christmas until its looming over us (either because we’re not that bothered about it or its not something we need to put a lot of effort or planning into). But for some people its a big deal in the sense that they enjoy it, and its a big deal in the sense that its a big undertaking on a small budget.

Not everyone can afford to have a quick trolly dash on christmas eve, it takes weeks of small purchases. Personally I don’t have a big family or friends network to entertain so christmas is quick and easy but for some its quite a big social event and quite a big undertaking.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

…it takes weeks of small purchases

You sound like Lady PMJ. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

(I know it’s not “STW cool” but I actually like Christmas, and don’t feel “forced” or duped into into anything. I just enjoy it.

Ah, but you make that cool by going on about how it’s really a pagan midwinter festival and should be a bacchanalian fun fest and you don’t have any Christian imagery in your house.

Lady PMJ

PimpMistressJazz?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Ah, but you make that cool by going on about how it’s really a pagan midwinter festival and should be a bacchanalian fun fest and you don’t have any Christian imagery in your house.

I was doing that before I came here, its how I was brought up… I love christmas [Yule] but only celebrate it at Christmas, not before.

nealglover
    Free Member

I was doing that before I came here, its how I was brought up… I love christmas [Yule] but only celebrate it at Christmas, not before.

Just because shops are selling Christmas things, doesn’t mean anyone is forcing you to celebrate Christmas early.

There is a shop in the shopping centre that only sells suitcases, but nobody is forcing me to go on holiday when I don’t want to 🙄

ononeorange

I think the rant was worthy of a B-; it was reasonably incoherent but I do agree was let down by the cynical announcement that it was coming. It lacked sufficient unintelligible spellings and would have benefitted form more crazed grammar, but ceratinly had good use of unnecessary capitals.

As a first effort reasonably promising – well done. Some more additional and unintelligible follow up in subsequent threads would help too.

B-.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Just because shops are selling Christmas things, doesn’t mean anyone is forcing you to celebrate Christmas early.

No, and since my Xmas is infact more greenery, lots of holly etc and not just tinsel/shiney tat everywhere it does feel different to what’s been going on everywhere else for the 2 (or 3 these days) months, but it does result in it feeling a little tired and ‘done’ by the time I start celebrating it. It shouldn’t, i know. But it does.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m sure you will cope.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

PimpMistressJazz?

😆

I’ll call her that tonight and see what the reaction is.

tonyd

Christmas spirit you say?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5yKfmjwIbg[/video]

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I know some of you can’t wait…

http://www.keydellnurseries.co.uk/christmas.html

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘1st STW Rant’ is closed to new replies.