Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 1st ride on my new HT
  • superfli
    Free Member

I only realised last night that the last time I rode a HT offroad was about 13-14 years ago! Needless to say it felt nostalgic 🙂
    25miles covered on some lovely dry trails including some HT demanding descents. The first thing I noticed, and expected, was the immediate power when getting out of the saddle on a climb, lots of response, whereas I very rarely get out of my saddle on the FSR. Hills didnt seem much quicker to ride, but I got to the top quicker and slightly less tired. On the testing downs, I thought my arms were tiring, which was odd, as I’ve still got front sus, but I soon realised it was my hands that were almost loosing grip on the bars, lots of bouncing around means a tighter grip. Although I reckon going down was not really much slower than my FSR, long descents would mean I would tire a lot quicker and more likely to have an accident at the same speeds. The comfort of the FSR was missed, but the fun on the HT was awesome! Corner speed and general grip seemed damned good, maybe it was the Nobby Nics, that I’ve fitted, I’ll have to try them on my FSR, digging into corners with no give what so ever – very impressed.

Anyway, a great ride out, now the tough bit, which bike to use on Wed night….

Oh, she weighs 26.2 lbs, which funnily enough is exactly the same as my FSR

rob-jackson
    Free Member

seat and seatpost looks odd?

superfli
    Free Member

which one? The HT seat is a bit low in that pic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘1st ride on my new HT’ is closed to new replies.