Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 1st ride in 6wks+Mabie new bit pics
  • Trekster

A little bit simonralli-esque, using self timer for 1st time to take pics.

Fitness after 6wks of inactivity due to broken bone and severe bruising of hand has taken a battering.

I did manage to ride the 7miles out and then back again taking in the Ridge, Descender Bender and Elevator. Grip is slightly hampered due to small and ring finger still not bending enough to wrap around bar grip and palm of hand still bruised/damaged in some way+wrist is suffering from both the accident and being imobilised for 4/5wks 🙄

Took the canera and had a play with the self timer on the new bits on Descender Bender at Mabie;

Slow roll in!!

Made it 😉

What next?

Wheeeee…..

As my hand gets better and I can feel the bars I should get a bit faster and enjoy this new stuff better 😆

Kit
    Free Member

Bloody hell what have they done?! I loved Descender Bender for its rough-hewnness but that's a travesty to look at. I'm sure it's more fun than it looks though 🙁

forge197
    Free Member

Might head there and look at that tomorrow, glad you are on the mend

Trekster

Kit. Think it will be getter than the old trail once it beds in and I am able to ride it at a proper pace. Holding onto the bars with 2 fingers proved difficult ❗

forge…..
    Carlisle tomorrow, Grandaughters birthday party 😆 As of Wed she now has a little sister 😆

It was a struggle forge ❗

Early ride Sunday? Having said that the weather is not looking good 🙄

defaultslipper
    Free Member

good to hear you are on the mend. had a quick look at the new descender bender last weekend and from what people say it is running pretty quick! went off the other way so havn't ridden it myself yet, i will probably go spend a bit of time next week having a play down at mabie.

club is riding at ae sunday evening if you are interested? leaving shop at 5, aiming to be back before the need for lights.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Trekster

I would have gone with you today but I was in Livingston. I am meant to be with the South Devon crew in the Lakes this weekend, but will have to check that out some time this week, Tuesday or Wednesday!

Really glad you have had a bit of a ride – that's good news at least.

Also, I feel my photography must be coming on as this is the first time it has been referred to as simonralliesque 😀

Si

forge197
    Free Member

Congrats trekster.

Weather looks a bit nasty Sunday am looks better in the pm not sure what out Sunday plans are yet! Hope to be out Monday post work though and tomorrow am

Trekster

club is riding at ae sunday evening if you are interested? leaving shop at 5, aiming to be back before the need for lights

Will try and get along this week. If I am not there by 5 it means I am probably down in Carlisle again.

forge..Mon pm sounds good, not back to work till Wed 😆

simonralli2 – Member

Also, I feel my photography must be coming on as this is the first time it has been referred to as simonralliesque

Si

Nod to your skillz with the self timer 😉

Hohum
    Free Member

My in-laws live down in Dumfries and I should really pull my finger out and get myself along to Mabie Forest one day!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Presumably that was done because they wrecked the old stuff by driving tractors or something up and done the middle so it was like going over speed bumps between every berm.

Trekster

stevenmenmuir – Member
    Presumably that was done because they wrecked the old stuff by driving tractors or something up and done the middle so it was like going over speed bumps between every berm.

Nope, cause all the old berms had collapsed+the area around the rocky corner had developed various chicken runs+braking bumps+a rut was forming which was causing severe errosion which needed arresting before the trail dissappeared altogether.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘1st ride in 6wks+Mabie new bit pics’ is closed to new replies.