• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Watty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 1st – Point Break, now BTILC with 'The Rock'…
  • stevied
    Free Member

Another classic about to be ruined me thinks: Ol’ Jack always says “What the hell?”

Cougar

Oh good grief.

I can about imagine Kurt Russell’s reaction. He was fairly… opinionated about the proposed EFNY remake.

kimbers

point break was shit though

big trouble in little china is brilliant though

the new one will suck

kayak23

kimbers – Member
    point break was shit though

Blasphemy!

Northwind

TBH I could watch the Rock in anything, he’s great. It won’t work if they just try to drop him into a straight remake but if they can keep the spirit of the original it could be good.

IHN

Point Break WAS shit though.

It’s a bit like being outraged at a proposed Justin Bieber cover of Steps’ ‘5678’

dannyh
    Free Member

Point Break WAS shit though.

It’s a bit like being outraged at a proposed Justin Bieber cover of Steps’ ‘5678’

🙂

The only redeeming qualities of that film are where the robber with the Nixon masks declares “I’m not a crook” and any scene with the surfer girl in it.

Other than that the whole thing appears to be a rapidly escalating bad acting competition.

And I bet it was someone’s pet idea to use an upturned lawnmower as a potential deadly weapon(!)

GrahamS

And I bet it was someone’s pet idea to use an upturned lawnmower as a potential deadly weapon(!)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTOrfuogTrg[/video]

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Pffft….

Just more people jumping on the bandwagon after the immense Kung Fury release

Drac

Bastards!

richmtb

Other than that the whole thing appears to be a rapidly escalating bad acting competition.

“I am an FBI AGENT!”

You tell them Keanu.

FWIW I rather liked Point Break but I understand why no one in it was queing up at the Oscars.

BTILC, probably obscure enough that only old farts on the internet will care about a remake 😉

richmtb

ChrisL

“I am an FBI AGENT!”

I can’t hear that without mentally appending a Bill and Ted-esque “Dude!” to the end. 🙂

bombjack
    Free Member

BTILC is an awesome movie, made all the better by the cheesy acting, young Kim Catrell, and bad (even at the time) special effects.
    This and Escape from New York are 2 of my favourite films, Whilst I like the Rock, he’s no Kurt Russell!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whilst I like the Rock, he’s no Kurt Russell!

One of the harshest put downs of anyone acting powers I have ever heard.

I have not seen the Rock act in any film and i dont feel like I am missing out

Its a better film than Point break but we are into the realms of that put down up there but with less flair.

m1kea
    Free Member

bombjack

BTILC is an awesome movie, made all the better by the cheesy acting, young Kim Catrell, and bad (even at the time) special effects.

probably showing my age now but Porkys

willard

Seriously?? I know we can probably look back on things like Big Trouble and EFNY with quite a lot of nostalgia these days (like watching Terminator and thinking it _WAS_ the future…), but Porky’s had zero redeeming features.

They ought to re-make “The Rock” with The Rock. Maybe the whole thing would get a bit meta and stop this bloody re-make frenzy we seem to be seeing now.

m1kea
    Free Member

@willard

Not watched it in years but iirc young Miss Catrell was very easy on the eye. I do also remember laughing at some of the jokes. However as I said, twas back in my yoof.

Watty

‘Time is money, opium is money, money is money’
    . . .
    ‘What was time again?’

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘1st – Point Break, now BTILC with 'The Rock'…’ is closed to new replies.