Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 1st fatbike in a UCI Elite XC race!
  • gee
    Free Member
    wwaswas

“23.5lbs”

*is impressed*

Are there any conditions (bar snow) where a 23.5lb fat bike would be as fast/faster than a standard bike?

The only place I could ‘gap’ or catch people who seemed about the same level as me on my fat bike on the Big Dog course was the really rooty bits in a couple of places and the steep downhill bit where it went off camber and mechanical grip mattered. On the climbs I just had to try and stay with people and everywhere else it was even stevens.

ernie

George, you are special. I still cannot belive you rode an elite xc race after a 6 hour solo, where, lets face it, you were at the sharp end of things! Big respect.

njee20
    Free Member

Are there any conditions (bar snow) where a 23.5lb fat bike would be as fast/faster than a standard bike?

I’d say anything where traction is a big issue – if you’re unable to ride stuff on a normal bike then it really comes into its own.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Looked pretty smooth down the rock garden on the fat bike!

tang
    Free Member

Nice one!

fathomer

Nice one, pretty sure I rode past you in the Cannock car park at the week end, thought I recognised the Beargrease from you pics on here!

njee20
    Free Member

I doubt there were any other Beargreases there 😉

TimP
    Free Member

re there any conditions (bar snow) where a 23.5lb fat bike would be as fast/faster than a standard bike?

Judging by the number of fat bikes that past me (lots) against the number of fat bikes I passed (none), I would suggest that there are at least 5 miles in Stanmer Park where a fat bike is faster than a “standard” bike (if you count SS) 😳

adi66
    Free Member

Gee
    Slight thread hi-jack, sorry.

Where is that rock garden at Cannock ? It’s not the “stegosaurus” is it….

gee
    Free Member

No idea what it’s called. We went along a flat trail to the right of a road which had a couple of bombholes in it, then turner right into the rock garden.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

More importantly is that rock garden open to the public?

colournoise

Think they’re waiting for FC H&S clearance for the feature before it opens to the public. Black option somewhere on FTD IIRC.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘1st fatbike in a UCI Elite XC race!’ is closed to new replies.