Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 1st Audax on Sunday – speed, controls, pub lunch?
  • nedrapier

I’ve entered a 200 on Sunday. The route goes past a friend’s house and I was planning on meeting them for a pub lunch.

Distance: 207 km in 13h48
    Time: 08:00 to finish by 21:48

Controls at WHITCHURCH, sticker in jar at H’s Coffee Shop and AMESBURY – sticker in jar in Friar Tuck Cafe, plus 5 information controls.

Pub stop in mind is after the 2nd control, so I’m guessing as long as we’re back at the finish by 21:48, we can stop at the pub for as long as we fancy?

Now I’ve written it all out, I’m pretty sure this is right, but let me know if I’ve missed anything!

Ta.

slowster
    Free Member

I’m guessing as long as we’re back at the finish by 21:48, we can stop at the pub for as long as we fancy?

The minimum speed (15kph?) applies to the controls as well as the finish, but that will be irrelevant for the information controls and possibly those involving collecting stickers from jars (unless the shops will only have the jars out for a time window based on the pemitted maximum and minimum speeds).

The danger of spending too long in the pub and relying on your speed to get you to the finish under the time limit, is that there could be a secret control after the pub which would be closed by the time you reached it.

nedrapier

Cheers slowster. We’re not planning on dawdling while we’re on the bike, so should get through both the controls before the pub without a worry.

I’ll check at the start to see if there’s any reason we can’t have a semi-relaxed lunch stop. And I’m only I’m talking an hour or so rather than several hours and a 30kph second half!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘1st Audax on Sunday – speed, controls, pub lunch?’ is closed to new replies.