• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by maxb.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 1995 Kona Explosif – what can I ask for it
  • MadBillMcMad

should I ebay it or just sell it on here to a nice Kona loving soul.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115452805210042015362/albums/6060386872536512385

I have owned it since new & it has had a good life, usused the last few years, been a SS & my main bike for many years.

It did loose the braze on the downtube, but that was fixed courtesy of RideOn a good few years ago.

It is just the frame, fork, seatpost & seat I would be selling.

ransos
    Free Member

Ask on retrobike…

teadrinker
    Free Member

Not sure what you should ask for it, maybe £150 as a starting/bartering point? In my mind I wouldn’t expect to get that but stick it on Retrobike and then eBay if no joy there.

Lovely frame though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jp-t853

Once my dream bike

Some completed auctions HERE

There might be some close matches

letmetalktomark

A good example frame only with minor patina I would expect to raise maybe £130 to £150.

Honestly frame only for yours closer to the £100 mark as realsitically it will need a complete overhaul – paint and decals.

Unless you have dog collar for running the rear canti thats another £15 to £20 odd to factor in for a potential buyer

That said its always difficult trying to price things like this. On one hand its a decent steel frame and a Kona. On the other hand its a Kona and so come up fairly often.

Why not retro mod it with a disc tab?

MadBillMcMad

cheers guys.

There are some surprisingly high prices there

Bit of a noob when it comes to selling things.
    I’ll give it a go.

maxb
    Free Member

Definitely head over to Retrobike for a valuation – many a Kona guru on there will be able to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘1995 Kona Explosif – what can I ask for it’ is closed to new replies.