Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 1993 Orange Clockwork with Pace RC-35
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Looking to sell this.

How much do folk think it’s worth?

Thanks in advance.

Alan.

Mackem

50 quid

intrincycle
    Free Member

£200-£240

simondbarnes

It’s worth bugger all but if someone is particularly after one you might get a few quid. Ask over on retrobike.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Love this forum…..

duncancallum

its subjective, you would get more on retro bike

you would probably get more with the flat bar and bar ends and the original cantis than the upgrades.

Pace forks are the one thing missing in the modern MTB world.

i had some mxcs never posh enough for mxcds

CaptainCrash
    Free Member

Retrobike…….

falkirk-mark

I wouldn’t get rid (love my retrobikes) however split it and sell parts on retrobike for max cash.

Goldigger
    Free Member

As above retrobike forum..
    I sold my c16 on there with pace RC36 forks for a measly £150

Original orange hotrod flat bars

Same shifters?

superstu
    Free Member

Retro market has shrunk in my experience. Few years back that would fetch a pretty penny, not sure it will now.

benpinnick

Although a cool bike at the time its not really lasted as a classic. The forks, hub, rear mech and brakes are probably 80% of the value of the bike I would say. Spilt for parts and you should do OK.

benpinnick

If you do split the bike up PM me. I might have the frame off you for my workshop wall.

chestrockwell

Although a cool bike at the time its not really lasted as a classic. The forks, hub, rear mech and brakes are probably 80% of the value of the bike I would say. Spilt for parts and you should do OK.

The Orange Clockwork isn’t a classic?

Value will depend on luck as much as anything. It’s not got the most desirable colour or decals and is missing some original parts but I’d expect to get £140 on a bad day, up to £250 max on a good one. Splitting for parts would probably raise the most.

submarined
    Free Member

Pace forks are the one thing missing in the modern MTB world.

I’m not so sure, although with BOS pulling out of most markets, there is a massive ‘expensive, badly built, hopelessly unreliable but great when they work’ gap in the fork market!

vincienup
    Free Member

I gave my mid 90’s Clockwork away to the local bike charity a few weeks ago when moving house. It was lovely but completely unoriginal, one of the pretty but non-classic colours (met blue).

I had intended to sell but never quite got around to it. It was too small to be worth keeping and I don’t want v brakes. Someone else is getting a nice starter bike, I’m fine with that.

benpinnick

The Orange Clockwork isn’t a classic?

Early editions with the two tone paint jobs are desirable, but as a model line beyond those I don’t think a ’93 would be considered a classic, no. I still like it as its a bit of MTB history, but people wouldn’t fight over it. As an example I have a 1990 Yeti FRO which is also cool, but I would say not quite a classic, its the wrong year (not a 1989) and not the right colour (its white not turquoise). There are very few bikes where the whole line end to end could be considered a classic.

chestrockwell

Fair enough on the every model comment. I’d still call 1993 classic and the orange/white fade was still available then although this one seems to be the first of the non Tange frames so points off for that.

montgomery
    Free Member

I had that same frame, black 93 Clockwork. Lasted six years before I snapped the top tube. Glad to see the back of it in retrospect – front end too low, noodly rear triangle.

velocipede
    Free Member

I sold my Dad’s 10th Anniversary Clockwork in classic orange/white fade a few weeks ago – mostly non original spec – for what I thought was a very measley £175…..not as many nice parts as yours……

Given the colour…..it’s prob worth about the same…..

Concur with comments above about splitting – but even then you’re probably not talking about much above £250-280 all in…….

I’d be tempted to keep it unless you need about £200 in cash!?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

For anyone interested, I sold it on eBay for £275.

Zero final value fees too! 🙂

sbob
    Free Member

I’ll give you £20 and an ayurvedic massage.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Does that include a happy ending?
    😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘1993 Orange Clockwork with Pace RC-35’ is closed to new replies.