Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • 1992 hardtail downhill nutters ….you have to see this! haha
  • cp

i don’t think they were pros at all – looked like a local race.

‘some of them look too serious to be just doing it for fun…’

Have you looked at some riders you come across these days???!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

haha 😆

good point i guess…..

i didnt mean serious as in clothes etc, i meant serious as in ‘i dont care if i die WHEN i fall off’ types…..

the terrain really doesnt look harsh at all for modern day bikes, so i can only guess its solely down to shite bikes in the 90s 😆

those couple with rear wheels with covers on, i remember pepsi doing a bike similar to that in 90s 😆

truly shocking

matt23
    Free Member

I can see an evening of bidding on e-bay for the inagural ‘riding HT rigids down a steep hill while dressed as prats championship’ being down tonight……I wonder how much a raleigh 1992 :lol:Apex goes for on e-bay??

tortoise5
    Free Member

Aaah… Halcyon days. Proper downhilling. Non-technical (relatively!), steep and f-a-s-t.
    None of this namby-pamby slow technical drop-off rubbish.

Makes me want to dust off my old fluoro Alpinestars Al-mega, along with non-hardshell polystyrene lid (fluoro helmet cover de-rigeur) and show the youngsters what it’s all about. Or not.

RagRage
    Free Member

a workman cant blame his tools ..but in this case…………

walleater

…….and fast forwarding to more recent times 😀

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

those couple with rear wheels with covers on, i remember pepsi doing a bike similar to that in 90s

Blasphemy! That my friend was a Tioga Disk Drive, objects of immense desire back in the day, if only for the noise they made.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Great vid….but did anyone pre ride the course at all?!! A lot of the riders don’t seem to know what’s coming up at all! Or is that because the bikes and brakes were so gash, ie, they couldn’t stop?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i think the more you watch it, the more savage it actually looks as a hill, i mean some of them were hitting it at speed, and ok bike may be stronger/better made now etc, but a couple of completely bent wheels, handlebars completely smashed/bent over, and the way sheer amount of times people obviously crash on the same bit, they cant all be rubbish riders, they just clearly dont care about crashing, they are travelling at some speed on mega rigid bikes on probably quite rocky steep stuff with shit brakes, no grip on rock hard tyres etc etc….

i actually really like that video, some of those guys are ‘well hard’ just get up and want to carry on!

invisble hats off squires!

Starrman28
    Free Member

What year is that first clip, later than 1990 as one of the guys was riding an RTS GT…unless I’ve lost a few year sthey didn’t arrive til after 94..

Cracking vid, that hill is steeper and nastier than it looks.

granny_ring

Funniest biking clip I’ve seen cheers 🙂

seven
    Free Member

Can I just say thanks to OP. That was great vid and a great thread

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That my friend was a Tioga Disk Drive, objects of immense desire back in the day, if only for the noise they made.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOMPH!

I remember Darren Tapp having one back in the day. Not the fastest, but always looked good!

chrisrhayes

LEMMINGS. That bit towards the end by the bridge and road are priceless.

What’s the quote from Withnail and I

“They are throwing themselves in the road glady” or something like that…

40mpg

Reminds me of the Malverns Classics 🙂

Oh and the last few mayhems re-enacting halcyon days on a rigid singlespeed 🙁

seven
    Free Member

A proper downhill bike and rider from the time 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Awesome

gordimhor

I was that dayglo lycra covered numpty, I am now a lardy numpty in baggy shorts 😆 THEY ARE ALL HEROES 😛

clubber
    Free Member

Brilliant 🙂 IIRC in those days I probably crashed about as much as all the riders put together…

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘1992 hardtail downhill nutters ….you have to see this! haha’ is closed to new replies.