• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 1992 frame – will it be cantilever only? Or will V's work OK?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Setting up my retro Mojo for tomorrows Swinley ride, only brakes I have handy are V’s, will these be OK on a ’92 vintage frame? Is there a difference between the mounting studs for canti’s and V’s??

alanl
    Free Member

Mounting points are the same, cable runs may be different.
    Alan.

GW
    Free Member

yeah, you might need to use a little “ingenuity” with the rear cable routing but V’s will fit any canti mount frame/fork.

GW
    Free Member

Do you have v-brake levers aswell? you realise V-levers pull more cable a canti ones?
    Vs can be made to work with canti levers, albeit with less clearance and a vary spongy lever feel (but still plenty of power)

psychle
    Free Member

Do you have v-brake levers as well?

Yep, a set of Avid Ultimates (levers and brakes) are going on this frame, nice brakes 🙂

Thanks for the answers chaps, shall crack on with setting her up this evening, ready for the big reveal tomorrow 8)

ampthill

I think the only isue is the rear cable stop, or lack of, in the seat post area. Well it was on my 1992 Kona.

A full length outer and zip ties will work

funkynick

Am I being stupid here.. the lack of a seat post cable stop would only be a problem with canti’s not V brakes, as the cable outer runs directly in the V brakes.

Wouldn’t it?

Bez

Yes, if you want to put it like that, you’re being stupid 🙂

He means a cable stop at the other end of the outer from the brake, required if you’re not using full length outers. Konas had no outer cable on the rear half and hence no stop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘1992 frame – will it be cantilever only? Or will V's work OK?’ is closed to new replies.