Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • 1980's kids TV – help urgently needed!!
  • Flapjack
    Free Member

Please help!!
    Desperately trying to find out the name of a kids television programme that was on cbbc (I think) in about 1986/1987.
    All I can remember is that it was set in Australia during the big depression of the late 1920’s and featured a kid growing up with his family and his pet dog. Seem to remember he wanted to be a pilot or something if that had any baring on it.
    The reason I am desperate to remember is because I have had the bloody theme music stuck in my head periodically for the past 24 years, and I’m hoping that some Youtube therapy may just shift it….although it could go either way!!

Any ideas??

IHN

They were gold miners weren’t they?

Grr, can’t remember, it’ll come to me

backhander
    Free Member

Was it a bit magicy?

backhander
    Free Member

Round the twist?

Flapjack
    Free Member

Could have been, don’t remember…….only the bloody music.

project
    Free Member

All I can remember is that it was set in the uk during the big depression of the late 2010`s and featured a kid growing up with his family and his pet dog, being targeted by animal vivisectionists, and seeing his house burnt down after strikeing firefighters failed to turn up.

Seem to remember he wanted to be a pilot or something if that had any baring on it.

Called “The Cameron years”,Nightmare on Downing st, part 2.

Fixed it for you

Markie
    Free Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Australian_children%27s_television_series

Any help (on the off-chance the program was Australian!)?

Harry_the_Spider

Hunter’s Gold was the one about miners. Not sure it was this one though.

IHN

Round The Twist was a different one, it was the magicy one, although it did have the catchy theme tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZdL5qJ1I3I

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Have you ever, ever felt like this?
    Do strange things happen? Are you going Round the Twist?

The OP’s not on about that but thanks for getting that stuck in my head!

backhander
    Free Member

You’re welcome.
    Strangely I still remember the episode “without my pants” 😯
    Not me, I was wearing pants I mean the episode where…….nevermind.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

backhander it sounds like tht series had a profound affect on you. It wasn’t an instructional guide for how to live your life you know?

backhander
    Free Member

If only you knew mate. If only you knew.
    <sobs>

Flapjack
    Free Member

Nope…not Magicy, round the twist or Hunters Gold and I don’t remember anything about pants.
    Keep going!

CountZero

There was a series around ’64 which I can only remember one scene, where some kids get into a small cave and the camera suddenly cuts to a skull with a very elongated cranium, very like the ‘Greys’ of modern alien lore. Often wondered what it was called.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Spit Macphee?

CaptJon
    Free Member
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Embrace it backhander…. sing with me…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zj0QMqPgAY[/video]

eemy
    Free Member

The Outsiders (http://www.classicaustraliantv.com/Outsidersarticle.htm)

I remember watching it in the school holidays and one episode had swearing in it!!!!

CaptJon
    Free Member

I remember the one when the little boy went without washing his feet for weeks to a turtle would be saved… can’t remember how or why though.

Flapjack
    Free Member

Nope. None of these. Damn it.

Cougar

Good god, Round The Twist. I thought I’d hallucinated that, no bugger else has ever heard of it.

Top trivia, the theme tune was sung by the blonde lass in the show.

andygreener

My mrs says could it be skyways?!
    Never heard if it me self.
    Though I did really like round the twist.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I distinctly remember in an episode of Round the Twist, a young boy, probably about 13 or 14, getting a proper, puckered lip smacking snog (sorry but kiss doesn’t quite describe it) from a much older woman (and again, an ‘older girl’ wouldn’t quite describe it, although we’re talking MILF not GILF here).

I remember that one scene having a particularly profound effecet on my development 😆

Please tell me someone else remembers that.

hels
    Free Member

Hunters Gold – now that takes me back. Set in NEW ZEALAND by the way, the smaller but superior country about 3 hours away from Australia on the plane, about the same distance as England to Turkey.

Sorry can’t help you though mate. I assume you have already eliminated Skippy The Bush Kangeroo ??

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Patrick packard?

Flapjack
    Free Member

Still none of the above.
    Any more ideas?

1920’s / 1930’s
    Australian outback
    Family didn’t have a pot to piss in.
    1986 aired on BBC1 between John Craven’s Newsround and Masterteam!!!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

If your remember the theme tube can you post some of the lyrics you remember? If it had any?

CaptJon
    Free Member
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘1980's kids TV – help urgently needed!!’ is closed to new replies.