Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 19.5" or 21" Cove Handjob?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Afternoon all, I was hoping to pick your brains over the above. I'm getting a new frame and not sure what size to get. Some shops say the 19.5 is fine and others say the 21 is fine????????? I'm 6ft 3 and about 15 stone. Currently I'm on a Sanderson Breath 20" with a 100mm stem and a 350mm seatpost at it's limit. I was considering a 19.5" with a 100mm stem and a 410mm Thomson post with 7 degree layback? Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Also anyone have any pics or a built up 21" handjob that would also be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!!!!!!

andyl46
    Free Member

Not a hanjob, but I moved from a 19" G spot to a 21". Best thing I've ever done. I'm 6'4" and a bit…

I'd go for the bigger frame rather than the layback and long stem, the hanjob would appreciate a shorter stem I'd say.

mk1fan
    Free Member

To be brutal, you need to ride both. The 21" will be better 'XC' and 19" will be better on the 'Trail'.

I'm on the cusp of small & medium and I prefer the small for general Trail riding like Whites Level at Afan. Although for an XC blast or (ahem) race I'd have a medium.

Check out the frame specs on Silverfish website and see how they stack up to your Sanderson.

clowner
    Free Member

6ft 2 and the 19.5 is perfect.

21" will be to bike for the type of bike it is

Shandy
    Free Member

Competitive Cyclist Fit Calculator

This takes about ten minutes and gives you some figures that you can compare to your current set-up, ETT, saddle-to-BB, seat-bars, etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘19.5" or 21" Cove Handjob?’ is closed to new replies.