Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • £18k to do my drive, Mrs isn't keen on the price!
  • biglee1

I didn’t think it was too bad for 210m2 done by a reputable firm + £6k for my 40 odd meter long drive done with slate chippings and edged. Slap it on the mortgage i say! Considering my drive is currently a mixture of mud, grass and some sort of stone waste.

Is this a reasonable cost?

mattyfez

No idea but it sounds expensive, I’d get at least 3 quotes from different companies.

6k for slate chippings? I’d probably buy the material and do that bit myself.

nealglover
    Free Member

18k to do your drive.
    + £6k to do your drive.

Bit confusing.

mboy
    Free Member

£18k sounds rather unfinished to me…

I’d ask if they’d take £20k, with a £2k cash back deal if I were you… When the missus spots the inevitable new bike in the shed just use the line “oh that old thing”… 😉

taxi25
    Free Member

Guide to costs here. But your post is confusing, is it £18,000+6,000 ?
    http://www.homeadviceguide.com/estimating-cost-of-building-a-new-driveway-tips-and-tricks/

canopy
    Free Member

depends how wide the driveway is.. !

we had an extra 10m tarmac driveway, wide enough for a car one done in front of the house, cost under a grand..

cbike
    Free Member

Go for it. If you are spending that much on a drive, money is not a problem.

biglee1

Sorry, a bit confusing, a 210m2 “parking area” and chippings for the drive bit to get to it

simondbarnes

What cbike said

nealglover
    Free Member

Probably cost you about £50k if you “slap it on the mortgage”

wwpaddler
    Free Member

How many cars can you fit on 210m2? Sounds big. Is it cheaper if you grass some of it?

redthunder
    Free Member

biglee1’s drive

Speeder

Are they placing organically sourced seashells individually to make a pretty cobble effect or just slapping down some pikey Tarmac? You’ve not really given much to go on. It sounds expensive and even “putting it on the mortgage” needs to be paid for.

40mpg

Depends what you are having it paved with. But to excavate, disposal to licenced landfill, treat with weedkiller, geotextile membrane, 250mm compacted sub base, sand bed and brick paviours is around £60/m2 depending on location and type of paviours. Add edgings on concrete bed and haunch, and VAT and your £18k is around the mark.

redthunder
    Free Member

Meanwhile the dispute over rival tenders was settled in the normal way…

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

With a gravel drive they’ll be able to hear you coming too…

biglee1

Haha! A lot of it is grassed anyway even with the 210m2 paved

funkmasterp

Have a grass verge added to the end just so you can drive over a corner of it for shits and giggles.

lesgrandepotato

It’s a tidy sum. Would the new drive be above the equivalent on sorting the garden/kitchen/bathrooms/sex pond/sauna etc.

Big spud says if the drive is this much then project will be a pretty penny.

biglee1

We’d like a new bathroom and a couple of carpets, sex pond is getting filled in as it’s at the end of the garden so is a bit of a trek

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘£18k to do my drive, Mrs isn't keen on the price!’ is closed to new replies.