Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 18 bikes top service
  • jonk
    Free Member

Just want to big up 18 bikes that stood out in a recent bike build. I bought as much as i could from smaller shops and opted to buy a set of hope hoops from 18 bikes. The order was flawless keeping me updated along the way on the progress of my order. The best thing is i could choose red hubs and installed a tubeless kit for free which was excellent!

Superficial
    Free Member

I can’t really imagine a smaller bike shop than 18 bikes. It’s a tiny place.

So, er, while you might not be supporting your small local bike shop, you’re definitely supporting mine 🙂

jonnyrockymountain

Good guys and great service over at 18 bikes

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alexpalacefan

+1

APF

hora
    Free Member

Ive only bought two things from them. One was a Sheffield dig tshirt where no profit/money goes to 18bikes. All £10 goes to the trail builders. I like that. How many shops would put competition alongside their own tshirts?

woody21
    Free Member

+1

They are my LBS and I have tryed to like them but they have such an elitist attitude.They don’t seem to realise that not everyone wants/needs a super custom built carbon wonderbike and refuse to sell anything else. Last year I went in with my mate who had saved £2000 to spend on a full sus trail bike, The cheapest bike that they said they could get was £3400 and we were told “sorry we don’t deal with the budget end of the market!” I personaly will never spend money there again.

simonbowns
    Free Member

cheers folks, we do try.

jonk – was it your wheels where Hope sent us 2 rear wheels? If so, double thanks for understanding that these things happen 😉

superficial – did you ever go in the old shop? That really was tiny.

hora – it works in our interest to raise money for Ride Sheffield too, all part of the bigger picture, but I’m glad you see where we’re coming from with that.

thunderwing – sounds like a misunderstanding there. We do have an off-the-peg Heckler in the shop, at £2500 IIRC, certainly below £3400. We don’t/can’t deal with the big box shifting type brands (Spec/Trek/Scott/Giant/etc) as it simply doesn’t work for a small shop like us. We choose to deal with brands where we can make things work- that means frame only/custom build focus for bikes like Cotic and Santa Cruz, along with some decent complete bikes from Genesis. Apologies if we’ve somehow misworded to you/your mate, but we can’t be all things to everyone.

iain1775
    Free Member

+1
    Although I rarely buy anything I always try to pop in
    About the only bike shop I like looking round these days, precisely because the only sell the more ’boutique’ end
    I get sick of seeing the same red and black bikes from Spesh, Giant, Scott, Trek etc and the same bits in every other shop I go in. It’s nice to go in and see so etching different
    And one day that Liteville and purple BFe on the walls will be mine!

Got a great deal on some Hope/Stans there a couple years ago too, £250 and they threw in and fitted all the tubeless stuff too
    Not to mention being the only shop within 100 miles of me that had Reverb fluid in last year

woodsman
    Free Member

Has anyone bought one of their 953 seat posts? Want to know if they creak or any other issues before I decide if i should buy one……

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Has anyone bought one of their 953 seat posts? Want to know if they creak or any other issues before I decide if i should buy one……

I have one, almost a year old now and no issues what so ever.

It uses thomsom guts so pretty solid, Very nice etching and logos also.

hora
    Free Member

18bikes- you get my vote because of the tshirts. I might even buy one those 5ten ones. Cant afford a bike though!

jonk
    Free Member

Si, it was me that hope sent two rears!

hora
    Free Member

And again you get my vote from helping me out before you’d opened up today. Sent from the top of Hope Cross 🙂

tuffty
    Free Member

Yeah top guys there!
    Bought my Soul frame and forks from them and they fitted headset and cut steerer for no charge.
    Bought hope hoops from then too at the same time, free tubeless kit fitted and they also put my tyres on as I had never done tubeless before and despite being a bitch to inflate they never charged me anything 🙂
    Only wish I lived closer as I really want to attend a fork lowers course

alexpalacefan

Oooh, Forks Lowers Course? When’s the next one?
    A

simonbowns
    Free Member

Hora – NP, although I’m more than a little jealous of you out riding today 😉

alex – we’ve not booked anything yet, but if you want to send us an email then I’ll get in touch when we sort it. Usually a tuesday evening, but we can be fairly flexible on that.

info@18bikes.co.uk

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Great service here too, definitely in my GBS category! 8)

thepodge
    Free Member

Bike Rehab top service, sorted my rear wheel quick sharp and stroked my ego while out riding today saying that they aren’t man enough to ride ss like I was then limped of to the van before showing me up on the dh. Also offered to get some prehistoric forks looked at before they get shipped off to ssec on Thursday

For a bit of balance like

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘18 bikes top service’ is closed to new replies.