Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 170mm forks on a Covert
  • pomona
    Free Member

Anybody running 170mm forks on a Transition Covert? How does it feel? I’m sure descending is great but how is it climbing etc?

I’m looking at a new frame to replace an aging Spesh Enduro and the Covert seems to tick most of the boxes.

I have 2012 Marz 55 RC3 Ti at the moment and they are simply the best forks I’ve ever owned so obviously I’d like to keep running them.
    I know a Bottlerocket may suit these forks better but I have a new Glory 0 so I’m looking for something a little more versatile for general daily use.

hugh_b
    Free Member

I picked up my 2013 covert frame last night, first ride today. I’ve got a set of 55 rc3ti’s on order but i did ask one of the transition guy’s in America what the longest travel forks i could run were….they replied with 180mm! So all ok from a warranty point of view.
    A friend runs them on a five and has no problem climbing so i’m sure they will be ok on the covert.

jedi

my mate has 55’s on his covert and absolutely loves it

pomona
    Free Member

Cheers, think I will go for the Covert then

unless others have suggestions for a bike that will run 170mm forks without voiding the warranty (and isn’t a Mega or a Nomad)

jedi

my bottlerocket 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘170mm forks on a Covert’ is closed to new replies.