Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • 170/180mm travel full suss.
  • molgrips
    Free Member

There are natural trails in Wales where I live where even 160mm seems a little underbiked!

Where?

My Patriot has 180mm forks and 170 out back. Anyone want to make me an offer? 🙂

leegee

RM Slayer?

chakaping
    Free Member

Rickon – high spy quarry, it’s a bit on the steep and awkward side. We did ride down castle crag after and it felt flat by comparison.

deviant
    Free Member

Molgrips.

Take the West Wales road from Lampeter to Newtown and the scenery is stunning, wouldn’t fancy riding it on my current bike though!….give me one of these new 180mm jobbies instead.

maxtorque

I run a 180mm lyrik on the front of my 160mm Dune and i think it’s a reasonable compromise. Most of the lightness/agility of a 160mm Enduro machine, but with more “smash it through the rough” capability of a DH bike.

Ran it this summer in the Alps, and on the really rough stuff the speed it carries is frankly scary and it just rides away from it’s lower travel cousins!

timidwheeler

The thread was started a while ago now, so not sure if the OP is still looking.

I’m back.

I’ve gone with a Specialized Enduro elite. Deposit paid and waiting for it to come into stock.

I’m going to sell my other mtbs and just have a CX and the Enduro.

Tracey

Great choice. Dont think you will be disappointed. 650b or 29er.

timidwheeler

650b in small. I’m a short lass.

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Sounds like a stunning choice!
    I’ve got a 180mm orange patriot, and I adore the extra suspension. If you’re ever near sheffield/the peaks and fancy something rocky to test the new bike on, feel free to drop an email!

Tracey

We are all on mediums. Katie is 5ft 6ins and the 650b is just right for her but she feels that the 29er is too big. Abigale is loving the new 29er. Its her bike of choice for this seasons Enduros. Was throwing ours round the Peak yesterday.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘170/180mm travel full suss.’ is closed to new replies.