Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 16th birthday present for a cricket mad boy
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Any suggestions?

lemonysam
    Free Member

I he’s not been, day at Lords for a big test? Preferably with a couple of mates. For an alternative experience. West Stand at Headingley with someone to buy them their drinks.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

with someone to buy them their drinks.

10 pages

mt
    Free Member

Tut tut

lunge

Test tickets or 20/20 tickets, not Lords would be my advise as the atmosphere is a bit low, Edgbaston or Headingly are much better.

What about some 1 on 1 coaching if he plays? Most of the county sides do personal coaching, I had some with Warwickshire at Edgbaston when I was playing and it was very, very good.

Depending how much you want to spend, you could take him bat shopping, I’d not buy one for him but taking him to buy one could be good. Expect to spend £100+ though.

If not, general kit, batting gloves in particular are always useful though again they can be personal.

convert

If cricket mad and you are not, anything physical will probably be wrong unless given a steer.

Price range? Location (if thinking event)?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Why not just get him a hip flask of nice scotch? Save him having to impose on adults whenever he needs topping up.

loddrik
    Free Member

A bike. Cricket is shite.

thegreatape
    Free Member

🙂 I’d meant to send him a crate of lager for the day he finished his GCSE’s, bit forgot.

Coaching/kit – he plays for his school and county, and plays or has coaching several days a week. I don’t think I could get him any kit or coaching he doesn’t already have.

I’m thinking more along the lines of £30-40, which I assume rules out any Ashes tickets and so on.

thegreatape
    Free Member

A £40 bike risks being shite too!

Marko

theotherjonv

Lords tour. Well under the mark so for him and a friend, or him plus travel?

lunge

Lords tour is not a bad shout, I’ve been on it and it’s pretty good actually.

20/20 tickets are about £20 each, so you and him or him and a friend could work. 1 day and county championship tickets are even cheaper and you won’t need to buy those in advance.

dragon
    Free Member

I also was going to say the Lords tour. I did it years ago and it was really good. If I remember correctly it included in the price seeing whatever county game was on that day as well, although that may now have changed.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks, will check out the Lords Tour, the board game in reserve!

molgrips
    Free Member

Back page of tomorrow’s paper?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘16th birthday present for a cricket mad boy’ is closed to new replies.