Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • £16K for a bike!!
  • tomhoward

Had a fondle of one at the LBS on the tour weekend in Harrogate, chatting to mates who work in the concpt store, they’d had a couple of serious enqiries (from guys who already had circa £30k worth of spesh road bikes). IIRC its as custom as custom gets, right down to a name plate. I guess once you’ve factored in all the extras you get (2 sets of wheels for one) its isn’t that big a leap from the top end, best of everything spec bikes spesh make?

Not to my taste though.

flip
    Free Member

Comes with free shoes and helmet..

For that reason its a bargin.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

how expensive is it compared to the income of those considering buying it? I’m still a basic rate tax payer and my FS is worth 10% of my gross annual income, which would generate the “you could buy a car for that” response from most of the populace (and its 1 of 4 bikes I own and I’m about to buy a fifth). £16k wont be a noticeable dent in some peoples bonuses, if they chose to spend that on a bike rather than golf/coke/whores then thats a good thing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The 8 slated for the UK have all been sold.

matt_outandabout

And I was upset that some people spend £16k on a car today… 😯

bol

Apparently Spesh refer all enquires to an LBS local to the potential purchaser. The LBS makes the sale and then the proprietor or manager takes the buyer down to McLaren for fitting. All very personal and old fashioned service. Rather nice, but I can’t help thinking I’d feel a bit of a dick going through it all.

Jamie
    Free Member

The 8 slated for the UK have all been sold.

Well I wanted one for every day of the week.

Yes. Super rich people have access to a secret extra day. We use it for racing out butlers.

mickmcd
    Free Member

I read somewhere to get one you registers an interest and if you were worthy specialized selected you

badllama
    Free Member

If I had / could afford a bike worth around those numbers I’d go for one of these

2015 Demo 8

8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I read somewhere to get one you registers an interest and if you were worthy specialized selected you

Have you heard that they’ve removed the word gullible from the Oxford English Dictionary?

mickmcd
    Free Member

Have you heard that they’ve removed the word gullible from the Oxford English Dictionary?

People who need to feel speshial aren’t gullible, that’s why theres a website which puts you in the top 1 percent of the 1 percent in specialized marketing speak

I’m not so sure its not more to do with marketing bollocks taken to stratospheric levels aftersll if you cant win the tour on one as a pro your certainly not going to use it in your golf bag

njee20
    Free Member

They look very nice, but how good is the warranty compared to a Trek/Spesh?

IME none of the small manufacturers can match any of the big boys on warranty stuff, they don’t have the scale to be able to write frames off, so while Spesh/Giant etc may well just bung you a new frame under less than clear cut warranty conditions you’ve got roughly sod all chance of that happening with a niche brand. Indeed my (pre On-One) Titus suffered damage and Titus US fought tooth and nail to blame me, then refused to give the frame back unless I bought a new swingarm for it. Wasn’t happy.

People who need to feel speshial aren’t gullible, that’s why theres a website which puts you in the top 1 percent of the 1 percent in specialized marketing speak

Not sure if serious… It’s not anything clandestine FFS, it’s a bike. There’s a special website to register interest to make it feel like a bit of an experience, and as I said, there’s a fellow whose job it is to walk you through the process of buying one, from fitting to delivery, which is a nice touch. If you’ve got £16k, you can do it. You don’t need to be ‘chosen’ 🙄

Apparently there’s a ‘pool’ of bikes that can be used once a territory sells their allocation, as CFH says the UK is already through their allocation, and well into the communal pool!

pbooker1995
    Free Member

I know a guy who is having one of these. He’s had his Bike Fit already. Yes, he also has an Audi and yes, he’s also got a Mclaren Venge from the last time they did one. Im very jealous!

LardLover
    Free Member

Parlee keep getting mentioned. I had never heard of them until a week ago!! They look very nice, but how good is the warranty compared to a Trek/Spesh?

Lifetime warranty on their top end frames (Z0, Z1, Z2, Z3) which is tranferrable (you have to send the frame back to Parlee for inspection before they’ll tranfer the warranty).

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘£16K for a bike!!’ is closed to new replies.