Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • 167g of houmous a day..
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

for clarity, i’m pretty much following iDave for the last 2 months, fairly strictly. (not to mention signed up to an iDave fitness programme 1 month ago which is yet to arrive).

I’m not ‘dieting’ as such but am aware of not overeating.
    I’m currently enjoying learning about the minimum requirement of food required to remain fully active, and running on my fat reserves for energy.

did someone say ‘can of worms”?

LapSteel
    Free Member

can of worms

This will get you thinner but at what cost?

Solo
    Free Member

not to mention signed up to an iDave fitness programme 1 month ago which is yet to arrive

Very interested in this.
    Are you saying that you’ve sent iDave money for advise ?.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

By pure coincidence I’m currently tucking in to hummus with carrot and cucumber sticks, smoked mackerel, and some basil and pine nut farfalle.

All leftover from yesterday’s lunch.

And I’m not even on a diet.

Solo
    Free Member

can of worms

This will get you thinner but at what cost?

Excessive levels of pebble-dash, was my first thought.
    😉

Solo
    Free Member

And I’m not even on a diet

You’re another one.

Yes you are on a diet.
    Your diet is the history of what you have consumed.
    Your Diet is what you eat.

ton

solo, would you email me the scotch egg recipe please.

thoss20@hotmail.co.uk

Solo
    Free Member

solo, would you email me the scotch egg recipe please.

Sure thing.
    You can take your e-mail out of that post now if you wish.
    😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Note to self… read the whole thread before posting.

slimjim78
    Free Member

not to mention signed up to an iDave fitness programme 1 month ago which is yet to arrive

Very interested in this.
    Are you saying that you’ve sent iDave money for advise ?.

Yep, not had a response for days (again). Just want my money back now.

Anyways, I’m not really any closeer to deciding if my 167g daily houmous extravaganza is excessive, but from the majority of responses im erring on the side of ‘no’.
    Time shall tell in that case.

miketually
    Free Member

Are you saying that you’ve sent iDave money for advise?

I thought we sent 37p to DeadlyDarcy?

not had a response for days (again)

He had some technical issues recently. Worth emailing him?

Solo
    Free Member

Yep, not had a response for days (again). Just want my money back now

I have experienced similar.
    Sorry to hear you’re having problems.

I do not eat houmous everyday, but it does help with stuff that I wouldn’t otherwise eat.

I’ve sometimes diluted it with lemon juice and a gram or two of ground black pepper, few splashes of tabasco sauce.
    To a mayo type consistency and then poured it over chopped chicken.

The body appears to treat Cals from Carbs, differently to Cals from Protein.
    So imo, this is another reason counting Cals is not something I really do.

I find these days that I’m full and can stop eating, way before I’d be in danger of consuming a weight increasing quantity of Cals.
    (whatever that might be)
    But then, I do not eat much sugar.
    Don’t forget.
    The body will produce Carbohydrates if it feels it needs them, it can produce them from protein.
    Just make sure that protein isn’t you, but instead, protein you’ve eaten.

binners

37p to Bravissimo? Has he started some kind of chickpea based pyramid selling scheme now?

Solo
    Free Member

He had some technical issues recently. Worth emailing him?

Quite some time ago.

Dancake
    Free Member

My mate and I had a weigh-in yesterday. He is taller than me and 22KG lighter.

There are more incentives than getting married to loose weight!

I suggested he does future rides with my Springer Spaniel strapped to his back to makes us even but he wasn’t going for it.

Oh and houmous is nasty

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’d rather not keep on about it on the forum (yet) as it does sound like he’s had a tough time of it, but yes, I think one month in I deserve something for my hundreds. A refund would be nice, and most sporting as my originally discussed deadline has now long since passed.

What works best for me is repeated physical activity and eating what I want to mederation.
    I’m hoping the lack of refined sugars and carbs etc in my current diet will pay dividends too, but it’s been slow(ish) progree so far.

-22lb since feb (6 weeks approx on iDave, 1 month previous on Atkins)
    I suppose in hindsight that shouldnt be sniffed at?

binners

Surely if you’re about to get married, then job done, you should be letting yourself go already? 😉

Solo
    Free Member

I suppose in hindsight that shouldnt be sniffed at

Sounds OK to me.
    I hope you continue with the low GI theme and take the time you might need to refine it to a diet you enjoy and can maintain a body weight you’re happy with.
    🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

thanks Solo, yes, cutting Sugar out of my diet since Feb has been the biggest improvement to my eating, probably ever.

Plus, not being bloated on breads and pasta anymore just feels much more ‘natural’.
    Although i’ll never be able to stop salivating at the smell of warm bread/pastries being baked..

Being in control of both diet & exercise is the thing I like most. It contributes to a general feeling of confidence and well being.
    I gave in to temptation over xmas period and a promised one month break from the regime (to help heal an achilles problem) all too easily turned into two months…and +20lb of weight gain(!). Seems that fatjim isn’t dead and will always be there deep down, waiting for the Ben&Jerry moment to appear.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Surely if you’re about to get married, then job done, you should be letting yourself go already?

yes, because my sex life is going to be so good. right?..

ourmaninthenorth

Seems that fatjim isn’t dead and will always be there deep down, waiting for the Ben&Jerry moment to appear

My fear. 8lbs down, 22-28lbs to go. but will I just give in to too much cake when I get there?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

waiting for the Ben&Jerry moment to appear

Isn’t that what cheat days were invented for?

slimjim78
    Free Member

My fear. 8lbs down, 22-28lbs to go. but will I just give in to too much cake when I get there?

I wish I could say ‘no’, but it’s all down to you. I think the trick is to accept that temptation will never go away, but feel empowered by the fact you can resist. And of course, you shouldnt resist after strenuous activity, or as elduded to above, an occasional off plan day.

Oh, you could trying throwing away ALL of your ‘fat’ clothes, this forces you to get real once the t-shirt sleeves start to pinch, or the jeans won’t do up without a ‘hurrmphh’…

ourmaninthenorth

feel empowered by the fact you can resist

I’m enjoying that right now.

I have a reference t-shirt. It used t be too big, now it’s too tight. Aiming to make it too big again.

And I get to ride bikes!

slimjim78
    Free Member

absolutely, bikes are your friend. ride hard, for as long as you can.

binners

Surely the whole ethos of putting the miles in on the bike, is the pie-enabling that acts as a yin to the yang? Karma innit?

slimjim78
    Free Member

there is that, but the portion of yang pie just needs to be a bit smaller

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’d like to eat it, it’s nice, but the sesame turns me purple.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘167g of houmous a day..’ is closed to new replies.