Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 160mm X-fusion slants, can they be lowered to 150mm?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Really interested in the 34mm chassis but only want 150 mm. Can the slants be lowered? If so how?

Cheers

simonbowns
    Free Member

Sure can, fitting 10mm spacers and/or using the pins in the ladder inside the air assembly. For 150mm, just a 10mm spacer.

We’ve done several (for £20, cost of a lowers service basically)

Si

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Great thanks Simon. I’ll be in touch.

simonbowns
    Free Member

Ta, just emailed.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Anyone happen to know the axle to crown height of these at 150mm?

manmurray

Interested in the A-C @150mm too, looking to pick up a pair at some point soonish

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

They’re 545mm in 160, so they’ll be 535 in 150mm.

As I’ve said in another thread – X-Fusions like a little less pressure/more sag, so maybe try that before lowering?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So I’m a bit confused now, if a fork has a axle to crown of 545mm sagged to 20% that’s 436mm.

So when commencal stated recommended fork 520mm what do they mean. Not sagged?

Or do they not take sag into account?

winch
    Free Member

You have taken 20% off the entire length of the fork! You need 20% off the travel of the fork. ie. 545-(0.2*160)=513

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ah I see, so when Commencal say recommended fork 520mm what do they mean. Is that pre sag. So the slants at 160 would be too long.

jairaj

Best to check with Commencal.

Some manufacturers state geo figures with sagged fork some state with out sag.

That’s why I take geo diagrams with a pinch of salt and prefer to demo bikes.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve asked Commencal now.

I’d rather stick to the recommended axle to crown of 120mm which the slant would be if sagged.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘160mm X-fusion slants, can they be lowered to 150mm?’ is closed to new replies.