Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 160mm on Chameleon to much !!
  • sprocker
    Free Member

As title peaks riding and drops and jumps in the local wood. Got 140mm on the minute but considering something a bit longer ansd burlier ? any thoughts ?

tails
    Free Member

well your still covered by thier warranty but i'd imagine it would feel a bit shit, but thats cos i like less travel. if you have the forks give it a try if not i would stick with 140mm.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i found it too much on mine. 130mm ish feels fine, front obviously soaks stuff up but your legs can act as suspension for the rear. But with 160 is was just too unbalanced and my legs couldn't keep up with the front. Might be ok if you stick a massive tyre in the rear but you'll have to take the front mech off from my experience.

glenp
    Free Member

No no – there is no limit to the putting the wrong fork on thing. The longer the better. Apparently.

nickc

Might be fun, why not give it a go?

Ignore glenp he doesn't need any more than, what? 80mm of travel, and is one of those people who think that because it suits him, it should be by default, OK for every-one else too. 😉

messiah
    Free Member

Mate had early 66's on his – you know… the super huge silly long ones with the mahoosive crown. I think you can flip the travel and he had them at 150 and 170 on there. It felt a bid unwieldy but it was mostly due to all that weight up front, riding it was a not a huge problem.

sprocker
    Free Member

Got manitou minute elites on it now and at 15 1/2 stone I blow throught the travel easy on bit hits and drops but if I put more air in they just dont respond to anything small. Was thinking of some 55 's maybe as you can pick them up pretty cheap at the minute.

hora
    Free Member

sprocker I had to push the whole way up Walna Scar on my old chameleon/mazz 55 160mm forks. It just kept on lifting into the air. Not good.

Get 160's – but get windable travel forks- best of both worlds for all applications 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Or the basic 160mm 55Rs (they're internally adjustable to 140mm by moving the travel spacer from the main spring to the negative spring and mine are every bit as plush now that I've dropped the travel).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘160mm on Chameleon to much !!’ is closed to new replies.