Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • 160mm forks for Alpine 160? Suggestions required please.
  • mrphil
    Free Member

Currently using a set of 2010 Rock Shox Revs Race (150mm)

Can anyone suggest a fork with 160mm travel to suit the Alpine?

Seen Fox forks but with all the Jargon of dampers, lock out etc they are a tad slight confusing.

Looking to spend around £400-450, 2nd hand forks considered aswell.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lyriks with rc2dh damper – thread closed

Liftman

As above Lyrics

chakaping
    Free Member

thread closed

unless he fancies somehting better, like a Marz 55 rc3 ti (secondhand should be in budget)

😉

mrphil
    Free Member

Will look at both of them forks.

Cheers lads

Northwind

55s or Lyriks. Lyriks probably easier to find in good shape and under budget though, 55s are common enough but the rc3 evos not so much.

Alex

X-Fusion Slant’s? About that price and a plush, stiff fork. I have one on my Cotic Rocket (used to have 150mm revs) and it’s superb for the money.

seanodav
    Free Member

if your in no hurry i will have some marz 55 rc3 ti’s with new uppers fitted 3 weeks ago with full service for sale, prob in a few weeks.
    these are the 160 mm version

phatstanley
    Free Member

+1 for the slants.
    have some on my bfe and they’ve been superb.
    durability remains to be seen.

Nonsense
    Free Member

I’ve got slants as well. Brilliant so far.

lucien

What about a set of Fox 36 vanilla’s – simple to set up, i.e. there isn’t any with good ones easily within budget (2nd hand)

mrphil
    Free Member

No hurry at the moment as I will have to sell the Revs and Sektor RL to fund them.

Slants I will also look at.

Cheers

Phil

meatfist
    Free Member

Another +1 for the Slants, got mine this week and they’re lovely, be aware that you can only run a 203mm brake rotor though

mrphil
    Free Member

Running a 203mm rotor on V2 caliper, more security really as a heavy lump lol

carlphillips
    Free Member

@seanodav could you mail me with info for those forks please, I’d be interested in them.

carlphillips22 AT hotmail DOT com

sprocker
    Free Member

I have slants really good but would think something with 20mm axle would be better suited to an alpine. X fusion vengeance worth a look

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Another vote for XFusion Slants so so plush and half the price of Fox

lank45
    Free Member

Fox Vans RC2 on my Alpine, lovely forks, heavier than the floats I had before but not noticeable. Really plush and very stiff, especially when cornering. If only I could get my rear shock to feel as sorted!

carlphillips
    Free Member

x fusion vengeance look sweet for the money.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

suntour durolux (according to a mate) X Fusion Vengence, 2nd hand 36 RC2’s (Float), Marz 55’s

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Had Lyriks with the DH damper mod on my Alpine 160 and they were excellent.

Then replaced them with 55RC3Tis, which are sublime. A match for the CCDB on the back.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Used to have vans on mine which were great for the downs, but I am enjoying the u-turn option of my Lyrics.

jedi

marz 55’s all day long 🙂

messiah
    Free Member

marz 55’s all day long

55 RC3 Ti are great feeling forks… as long as you suit the standard Ti spring. I’ve never needed the air pre-load adjust but have read that the fork does not feel as good if you have to use it.

seanodav
    Free Member

@carl, i will send you details mate soon as they come up for sale

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the standard spring is probably a bit much for my ~70kg, I use the air preload as a negative spring (compress fork with air valve open, release valve whilst still compressed) and still dont get full travel but its so smooth and controlled I havent bothered looking into a spring swap.

fivespot
    Free Member

Having owned an Alpine 160 for about 2 1/2 years and tried, 2010 Fox Float RC2, 2011 Lyrik 170 RC2 DH, 2011 Bos Devilles and 2010 Marzocchi RC3 Ti’s…….I would say the Marz RC3 Ti’s were best. Devilles were good but needed seals & bushes after not a lot of use.

dantsw13

Ive got the basic Marz55 160’s on my Heckler. I’m just back from Morzine/Les Gets, and compared to the 150Revs I had last year they were awesome!! They are heavy, but who cares!!

Oh and paid about £170 for 2010 in good condition from stw.

ART

Up your budget for some new Pikes 🙂

doug_basqueMTB.com

Love my 55s. I have just got the new ones and they are amazing. I’ve tested a lot of forks this year and These are the best.

andymc06
    Free Member

Bit of a hijack! Just bought a Mk2 Nomad frame and now need a 160mm fork. Anyone got a set for sale? Will post in wanted obviously! Tapered steerer pref. Cheers

fuzzhead
    Free Member

As above – Marzo 55 RC3ti is the one. Have used Fox 36 Vans, Floats, Lyriks etc – nothing compares to the Marzo in terms of performance, let alone durability.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘160mm forks for Alpine 160? Suggestions required please.’ is closed to new replies.