Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 160mm forks for a Specialized Pitch?
  • ohrats
    Free Member

Currently pondering swapping out the stock Pike 351s on my Specialized Pitch for a set of 160mm forks. I was thinking of something like a lyrik air or a coil domain. I feel confident on the Pikes but I occasionally feel under-gunned on tech descents. Would 160mm forks be a wise move? Any opinions or experiences greatly appreciated.

sv

I had Uturn Lyriks on my Pitch and they were great. Had the option of winding them in for climbing too. The 351s wont be great on repeated hits as the rebound damper gets overwhelmed and cant cope.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Most people who’ve put 160mm 35/36mm stanchion forks on the Pitch reckon that’s how it should have come from the factory. Just about to stick a set of Lyrik RC2DH on mine, though they’ve come to me at 170mm and I’m not sure I can be bothered to shorten them…!

lucien

I regularly swop between the stock Pikes on my Pitch and a set of 36 Vanillas and bike feels great with these on – been on plenty of Alps trips with that set up, as well as more local trails – I’ve even ridden Swinley with that set up and found it a hoot.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Currently pondering swapping out the stock Pike 351s on my Specialized Pitch for a set of 160mm forks.

Do it. I did. Pitches are rated for 160mm forks and they suit the bike well. Ive got U-Turn coil Lyriks on mine, so I can wind them down if I need to, but that’s rare as it’s not an XC bike of any sort, really. I built mine tough for rocks’n’hills. 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Marz 55’s

teethgrinder

Does it work the same putting 150mm Sektors onto a 2009 FSRXC? Frame’s the same shape-ish.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Lyriks

Tracey

I will have some Lyriks for sale when I get back from our Alps trip. They have only been used for spares when my forks went back to Specialized. They are packed ready to take out on Thursday as spares but will eventually be going up for sale when I get back

ohrats
    Free Member

Im interested Tracey 🙂

Thanks for the responses chaps, the pitch is feeling great at the moment with a 1×10 setup, just need to sort the front end…

Tracey

Will be in touch when I get back

tomaso
    Free Member

Here is my Pitch with Lyriks up top

The Lyriks are RC2DH damped versions and work really well for me. They also have dual position air spring which means it can drop the front and climb steep stuff very well.

But I’ve foresaken the Pitch for a fancy new bike with Pikes and will be selling the Lyriks, and the Pitch and my 26 inch bits, but like Tracey I am off on holiday at the weekend and not back for 4 weeks.

The Lyriks will be for sale but do show signs of use with a few scrapes and scratches to the lowers and one light mark from the previous owner – STW forum regular Mr Rob Jackson – to the stanchion.

£250 posted?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

were mine dpa?

tomaso
    Free Member

Yes and they still are :mrgreen:

rob-jackson
    Free Member

didn’t realise that 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

Lyriks + 1

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘160mm forks for a Specialized Pitch?’ is closed to new replies.