Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 160mm fork on a 2010 Trek Remedy?
  • Nonsense
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2010 Trek Remedy with 150mm Revelations at the moment. Has anyone put a set of 160mm forks on these frames? I’d like a set of the new X Fusion Slants which are about 15mm longer a2c. How badly will this raise the bb and throw off the handling? Dont mind a slightly slacker HA

Cheers

honourablegeorge

Trek don’t warranty the Remedy for a 160 fork incidentally – I doubt it will hurt it, they came with 160s at first, but that’s their official line.

Having said that, I have several friends hammering merry hell out of Remedys with 160 36s up front, with no issues, and they all preferred the advantages of the 160 setup to any disadvantages.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Do it.

thejesmonddingo

I had a 2009 remedy that came with 160mm Lyrics,it worked very well.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I had 36’s on my 09 Remedy was great

DeeW
    Free Member

I ran 160mm 36s on my 2010 remedy. It was a warranty replacement for a 2009 frame and no geometry changes from the 2009 bikes which came with 36s as standard . Do it, but will void your warranty if you tell Trek.

Mikey65
    Free Member

I am currently running a Remedy R8 2008 that came from Trek fitted with 160mm Lyriks…Not sure what the difference is to the newer frames if Trek don’t warranty them for 160mm now….May be worth contacting distributor for advice.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

uturn lyriks on my 2012 Remedy. Handles a treat. You’ll be fine.

sheck

Put 36s on my Roscoe, which with its abp pivot and drcv shock Iowans very similar to the current Remedy… It’ worked a treat

glasgowdan
    Free Member

10mm is never going to cause a problem!

butterbean
    Free Member

10mm is never going to cause a problem!

Like for like, you’re probably right. But a 36 is a pretty tall fork & has a much bigger A2C height than a RS Rev. There is probably a good inch’s worth of difference between the two.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

There’s a 15mm a-c difference between the revs and float 36’s, when sat on the bike with the forks sagged do you think it would be noticeable?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘160mm fork on a 2010 Trek Remedy?’ is closed to new replies.