Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 160mm brake mounts
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

Are they all the same, or will I need brand specific mounts?

Calipers are post mount and bike is IS.

I know with 180’s it depends on Rotor size but with 160’s is it universal?

Thanks in advance

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The brakes are probably 160mm without an adapter. There is a zero step is to PM out there somewhere though it might be easier to run 180mm

wwaswas

there’s not many choices for mounting post mount calipers on IS frame mounts and not going up by 20mm on disk size.

I think A2Z do one and possibly Giant.

mrblobby
    Free Member

What callipers are they? The Avid 0IS one should be fine. Have a look at page 54 of this document.

CRC have a 0IS here.

Nobby

there’s not many choices for mounting post mount calipers on IS frame mounts and not going up by 20mm on disk size.

I don’t think that’s right. I’ve seen ’em from Shimano, Hope, A2Z, Disco, KCNC 7& various other generics. The “+20” was, I thought, an issue for mounting IS calipers on PM forks.

Probably got a couple knocking around the spares box.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Sorry didn’t explain myself as usual.

I’be just bought some RX’s off the classifieds and they come with !80mm mounts.

The bike they’re going on currently has Exlirs on with 160mm discs, So I was wondering if I could just ‘pop’ the calipers on the existing mounts.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The bike they’re going on currently has Exlirs on with 160mm discs, So I was wondering if I could just ‘pop’ the calipers on the existing mounts.

There is a quicker way to find out 😉 5mm allen key should do it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Don’t see why not. I’ve currently got some Stroker Trails on my 456 Ti and it’s running a 160 rear with [possibly] a Clarke adapter from CRC. Just going to chuck a Formula T1 on next week and expect no issues.

Nobby

RX’s look like they take standard PM to IS adaptors so you should be fine with what you’ve got.

eyerideit
    Free Member

There is a quicker way to find out 5mm allen key should do it.

Don’t have them yet, but that’s my plan whence I get them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘160mm brake mounts’ is closed to new replies.