Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 160mm 26er frame replacement options/idea's please
  • gibbonarms
    Free Member

After replacing my 2011 Spec Enduro at the end of last year with a YT wicked 160 LTD, I’m tempted to regress back to the Enduro as I’ve never developed a relationship with the wicked despite its huge spec, it has very little character!

The only thing I dislike about the enduro is the rear clevis link on the shock so I cant run a CCDB, so what I’m looking for in order to use all my components is:

Tapered headtube
    26 inch wheels
    215 x 63mm shock size

What are my options?

SC Nomad
    Orange Alpine
    ??
    ??
    ??

Idea’s and suggestions please.

simonjj
    Free Member

I had a similar requirement and went for a Carbon Covert:

poonprice
    Free Member

simonjj, thats a sweet bike… Its on my hitlist along with the Banshee Rune

BoardinBob

Dunno about the shock but Reign X is my vote

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Carbon covert could be tempting and my LBS has one on demo for a test 🙂

Banshee Rune would be another option thanks, and I just happen to have a local Banshee dealer

Anyone know what the shock size on a Liteville 301 for 160mm is?

06awjudd
    Free Member

Giant Reign
    Last Herb
    Propain Tyee
    Alpine 160
    Spesh Enduro
    GT Force

Those would be on my list anyway 🙂

stevede
    Free Member

Probably not what you want but there’s a thread on here of a ccdb being modified to fit an enduro http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/vikingboys-specialized-enduro-build-thread-682434.html
    I’m presuming the ccdb is the important bit of kit, I’m running either a push tuned rp23 on my enduro or the Evo kit I got from spesh which is the Evo clevis links and a fox dhx rc2 shock, the coil is great for dh and the air can is great for more trail type stuff. Great bike, love mine.
    If you fancy something different though you are spoilt for choice in the 160 market.
    Edit: my list would consist of:
    Enduro
    Covert
    Mojo hd
    Sb66
    Mega
    Rune
    Meta sx
    Nomad

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Thanks, I know viking boy/Ian put one on his but to the best of my knowledge the 2 eyelets that TF tuned machined the clevis link into both broke, and TF will not do any more!

He then sold a CCDB with a machined rear eyelet on fleabay last year which went for big money.

Might have a look at the EVO kit, whats the shock length and stroke on the DHX RC2 coil shock?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why a ccdb? Save the cash and get a full tune on a fox shock. Nomad would be on my list along with the new bronson.

Why 160mm try heckler in place of alpine you wont notice the 10mm and the saving pays for the shock upgrade

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Tunability and internal design on the rebound and compression circuits really.

My air shock on the enduro is already push tuned, I just prefer coil particularly as I’m running a vans 160 rc2 up front.

geetee1972
    Free Member

The new Nicolai Ion 16 or the Helius AM both tick your list. I prefer the AM personally because its more versatile and mine is full custom so it does feel like a mini DH bike where the AM usually feels like a big trail bike. The Ion 16 may be a little more plush and feel more like a mini DH bike in stock format but its one travel setting only.

The AM works very well with a CCDB.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘160mm 26er frame replacement options/idea's please’ is closed to new replies.