Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 1600 gram tough 650b wheel set. How much to build?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I’m after a light weight wheel set that will be tough enough to ride the occasional downhill track without falling apart.

Not a fan of carbon, as I’ve seen a few cracked ones about.

Is this achievable with an alloy rim and what should I be looking at in terms of build kit?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yes.

I have some e13 TRS+ rims built onto some DT 240’s with Supercomps & brass nipples. Near enough bang on 1600gm.

They have survived some uplift days, DH races, enduro races, a week in the alps & 2 weeks in Whistler. Still going strong.

julians
    Free Member

Some dt Swiss m445 rims on the same hubs and spokes as hobnobs would also come in at 1600g

kudos100
    Free Member

I haven’t heard much about e13 wheels other than the hubs are a bit poor. How are the rims compared to say an arch ex?

br
    Free Member

It depends on heavy you are and how heavy you ride.

For me a set of (26″) Crest shod Hope’s works pretty much every where I ride, and that includes some of the DH trails at Inners.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The E13 hubs are laughably crap, but the TRS rims are pretty good.

If you arn’t a rim killer, you could probably get away with a DT XM401 as well.

jonnyrockymountain

American wide lightening, seem very strong here for there 1550g weight! Don’t know about full downhill though!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘1600 gram tough 650b wheel set. How much to build?’ is closed to new replies.