Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 15mm revs/hope probs
  • daznal
    Free Member

Just got some bolt through revs,fitted the 15mm adapters to a pro2 wheel tightened the maxel and after a couple of rides the wheel developed a slight wobble.Swung on the maxel and it still had a slight wobble.It seems that there’s not enough thred on the maxel to nip the front wheel,as a stopgap i’ve fitted a washer on the outside of the leg and this seems to have cured the wobble.Anybody else come across this? and is there any other cure other than increasing the length of the maxel thread or am i missing the bleeding obvious and i’ve done something wrong

bigjim

Isn’t there a bit in the manual about adjusting the tension with an allen key in the maxle lite?

LoCo
    Free Member

You can tighten the qr on the maxle, (new type maxle) but other than that don’t know, no issues here with the either pro 2 or pro 2 evo hubs on my Revs, not heard of any other issues.

carlos
    Free Member

Daznal – got pretty much the same on mine (Rev’s) like you say it seems as though the maxel is a tad to short in the thread. Even when done up super tight I still had a mm or 2 play, I resorted to a washer and everything is cool now. Think Rob Hughes (sp) off here had the same but on Pikes iirc, as I sent him a washer over.

Couldn’t work out why it had started to do it and the washer was the only cure for me

acidchunks

+1 for tightening the maxle with an allen key.

Pretty much has the same effect as tightening up a QR before closing the lever.

robhughes
    Free Member

Hey carlos.Yep same here on pikes but fixed with a washer off you kind self 😀
    The wheel set is a xm317 but if i put my newer xc 717 hope hoops on theres no wobble at all.
    Is,nt it something to do with the older pro 2 hubs and 20/15mm adapters.
    Tolerances and all that blar blar….

staszek
    Free Member

hi, have just encountered similar problem on my boxxers and an older hope, bearings are fine just when axle done up tight doesn’t seem to clamp hub properly leaving an annoying wobble!
    where do i find a washer to fit, it’d have to be 20mm inside i guess and go between fork and hub?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘15mm revs/hope probs’ is closed to new replies.