Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 15mm hub with QR adapters….any possible issues?
  • cjr61

OK, I’m still fairly stone age when wheels come into play as i’ve only just adopted Tubeless!

Anyway, looking to build my first set of wheels and thinking 15mm hub to ‘future’ proof them slightly for new forks. Currently running QR (old school), and have a set of 15mm-QR adapters anyway. Are there negative issues with using adapters? Brake Spacing OK still?

I don’t like spending money so if I could have a set that would last multiple derivations I’d be happy!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i used some ebay universal 15mm to QR adapters on some Crank Bros wheels i have… they worked fine, and only cost £3ish, as opposed to the £20odd the official ones cost.

what hubs do you have? are they convertible?

cjr61

Are all 15mm hubs not convertible?

cjr61

Quite like the look of Novatec hubs but have no scientific or performance related rationale though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hope will work with all the standards.

scotroutes

My dynamo front hub is 15mm and came with a simple through adapter for QR. It’s fine.

nickc

Quite like the look of Novatec hubs but have no scientific or performance related rationale mrketing bollards though.

😆

they’re just cast aluminium with bearings stuffed into them (often not very good ones). If you don’t like spending money then decide if it’s upfront costs or longevity that you want and apply accordingly. Personally I’f buy Hope, the parts will be available, the conversions work properly, and they are good quality parts

cjr61

Thanks all Upfront costs are more of a limiting factor to be honest hence why I’d looked at Novatec. Any other hubs that people would recommend? What about XT?

nickc

XT are fine…As long as when you get them you pull them apart and slather the bearings with grease, then they will last forever(ish)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The sign of quality there… Can you change xt to other axle configurations?

scotroutes

The OP already has a 15mm/QR adapter. Stick that through a 15mm XT hub and that will cover the bases.

Although, it would be it nice to know what

set of 15mm-QR adapters

the OP is referring to

carlosg
    Free Member

You say youhave some 15mm to qr adapters but they probably won’t fit all hubs , I ran a Nukeproof adapter in a set of DT Swiss wheels for ages before a bike upgrade with 15mm forks . The Nukeproof one will fit any 15mm hub without causing any issues as its essentially just a bar with a hole in it.

cjr61

Thanks all. Can’t find the link to the adapters but they look like these:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘15mm hub with QR adapters….any possible issues?’ is closed to new replies.