Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 15mm axel??????
  • jimjamjamie
    Free Member

hi recently fitted a set of rims with hope hubs to my biken having to use the 15mm axel conversion,the other day after a ride out i noticed the axel had some play in it so i decided to try and source another complete qr 15mm axel.you think i could find one?lol nope please help!! cheers jamie.

MartynS
    DickBarton

It’s a rather small (yet utterly lucrative market) – from what I recall there are 2 suppliers – Fox – at around £55 per unit for the standard one that comes with the forks or a German company (Tune perhaps) – at around £150 (from what I’ve heard) for a unit but it is very light.

I had mine stretch and had to buy a new one…the new design (from mid-2010 (I think)) are a better design as mine didn’t stretch but some internal piece failed…the new design doens’t have this and is less likely to fail like that.

But over £50 for that wee piece…it’s a right royal rip-off but needs must.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimjamjamie
    Free Member

crikey thats abit steep!thats stupid they should be as easy to get hold of and same -ish price as normal qr skewers even though they are bigger.the fact hope make the hubs and conversion kit you would have thought they would make one???? will have to keep searching i think thanks for the help!

STATO
    Free Member

jim, 15mm axles will be specific to your particular (brand of) fork, they are not like QR when any will fit. What exactly has play? there is a chance any ‘play’ could damage the fork threads and so might not be fixable by a new axle. You need to give us more details or take it to a shop.

jimjamjamie
    Free Member

hi stato,it seems to move in the hope 15mm conversion inserts.thought the bearings were suspect in the hgope hubs but they were replaced not long befor the guy sold the wheels to me.took the front to a shop to get the inserts and the guy said the bearings were all good.im thinking its the 15mm qr which has worn slightly doesnt move in the forks fits sweet. cheers j

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘15mm axel??????’ is closed to new replies.