Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 150mm travel reverb in a 30.9 seat tube
  • thesheep
    Free Member

Really like the idea of a bit more travel than the 125mm reverb but my frame only has a 30.9mm seat tube. Sram don’t sell a 150mm reverb in a 30.9mm diameter. I’m wondering about taking a punt on the following:

-Buy a 150mm 31.6mm reverb
    -Buy and fit a replacement 30.9mm lower/outer tube (part 14 in the following parts catalogue https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/_vsHOKraQvVdZbP1gLbC3gOoYniUOjbJv1kegx6C93w/mtime:1383143110/sites/default/files/techdocs/2014_rockshox_spc_rev_a_0.pdf)

The internal parts all appear to be the same dimensions it’s just the wall is thinner on the 30.9mm lower/outer tube. I think Sram actually released a few 150mm 30.9 versions initially but stopped.

I’m a light guy and most of the lower/outer tube would be within the seat post on the 150mm version. Thoughts?

JCL
    Free Member

Mechanic at the LBS reckons all those 150mm 31.6 Reverbs wear the keys etc really fast. Like you say if you’re light and don’t have a crazy slack seat angle I think you’ll be fine.

Let us know how you get on.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Out of interest why do you need more travel than 12.5cm? The only time I drop mine right to the bottom is either messing on the bmx track or getting it in the car.

akak
    Free Member

Get a ks Lev integra instead?

RickDraper
    Free Member

MY 150mm 31.6mm reverb has more rotational play than a whores pussy after 5 months. I’m buying a LEV next.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have150mm, 30.9 a Reverb a Stealth, that Fishers kindly built for me.

It was fine for 12 months, but recently it popped it’s seal head so needed a service/warranty. They fixed it up & it’s good to go again.

No wear, no extra play, no problems at all over any other Reverb. Mine hasn’t been on bikes with a super slack seat angle though, so isn’t putting any odd stresses on it, nor am I a fat biffer.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I have a 100mm drop reverb on a 350mm post.

Sometimes I wish I had a longer drop so I could run the post further inside the seat tube so I can get the benefit of full lowerage, but still be able to raise it to XC pedalling height.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

KS Lev, 150mm 30.9 and comes out the box ready. I don’t need the extra 25mm but I have room for it so it’s fine.

thesheep
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s worth a try. I seem to have long legs, I currently have a 125mm that I regularly move up and down at the QR to get more range. KS is tempting but the guys who I know who have them aren’t happy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘150mm travel reverb in a 30.9 seat tube’ is closed to new replies.