Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 150mm or 160mm Pikes for my Mega TR?
  • stevenk4563
    Free Member

I currently have 150mm revelations on it but want to get some pikes.

Will going 160mm be ok, or should I stick with 150mm and convert them to 160mm for uplift days in Wales?

freeridenick
    Free Member

I run 150mm pikes on mine. seem fine in most situations.
    bit of a faff to change the air spring!

the back end will get out of shape before you notice 10mm on the front..

freeridenick
    Free Member

They also climb much better at 150mm. I run them fully open all the time

jimjam
    Free Member

freeridenick
    They also climb much better at 150mm

How so?

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Anyone running 160mm? Does it handle like a dog?

splashdown
    Free Member

I’m running 160’s on my Remedy and they’re great 😀

oli31
    Free Member

Running 160mm pikes on my Tr i’d be surprised if you can tell the difference tbh but gives a bit more ‘get out of jail’ travel when the going gets rough 🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Go for 160’s DPA variety. I’ve got 150’s on my 28er which can be tricky on steep technical climbs, but drop them down to 120 and it climbs like a mountain goat, then return to 150mm for the down from the top.

Northwind

It’s pretty easy to change them isn’t it? Different thinger in the air spring, costs £30ish? Not something you’d do often but means you don’t need to worry about making the wrong choice.

freeridenick
    Free Member

I read somewhere its a bit of a job. but not sure really…

I think for simplicity the bike best runs at 150mm. fit and forget.

tops5
    Free Member

Had 160mm Lyriks on my Mega Tr – it handled great

Even put an offset bushing in too – it got a little wandery on climbs but I soon adapted to it.

I would recommend 160mm

deanfbm
    Free Member

Ive experimented with 140, 150 and 160 pikes along with offset shock pins. My fav combo has been 140 and one offset pin.

160 just made the bike too high and didnt really suit the punchy nature of the bike, also move dive on steeper stuff, front may begin higher, but it moves more, its tbe pitching action that ruins things, not whether your ha is slack or not on flat ground.

150 and 2 offset pins made the bike an animal in that the sort of stuff it dealt with flat out with only 130 on the rear was obscene. Didnt end up at its limit enough on my local riding so robbed some of the fun.

140 and 1 offset pin is the best balance for me, really low so gIns composure on fast stuff there, the 140 makes it better to sprint on so makes flatter stuff more involving as well as keeping the front up nicely on steep stuff.

SirHC

I have 150mm 650b ones on mine, did have 150mm revelations. Dont notice the 10mm extra height. Fork compliments the Mega TR really well

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, where did you get the offset bushings from and what difference do they make?

stevenk4563
    Free Member

@Sir HC – Is that on a 26″ Mega? If so are you using a 26″ or 27.5″ wheel?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘150mm or 160mm Pikes for my Mega TR?’ is closed to new replies.