Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 150mm forks for a big un on a hefty bike?
  • ton

looking for some new 150mm forks.
    not bought any forks for a couple of years.
    what is good?

thanks.

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

I’d get some 36 Floats and reduce the travel with a spacer (or just run a tad more sag)

Bregante

Lyrik u-turns

carlosg
    Free Member

2005 Marzocchi 66 rc , can be picked up for a pittance on fleabay and are cracking forks.

nickhart
    Free Member

I’ve gone for some revelation air forks after being recommended them by a mate. They’re amazing, I have totems on my big bike and love em to pieces but the revelations are a very close second. For the record I’m about seventeen stone on a six inch travel frame, Sheffield based to get an idea of the terrain they encounter.

transporter13
    Free Member

Domain coil uturn with xfirm spring.

Mine were excellent forks. Slightly heavier than lyrics but you won’t break them.

Failing that, 66’s are also very good forks

gixerator
    Free Member

I have some lyrix coil u turn motion control for sale if interested?

grum
    Free Member

As a fellow (not quite as) big lad ( 🙂 ) I say get 36s (or perhaps the new 34s but I’ve not used those) – they feel so much stiffer imo.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Ton, get the 36s and lower them, saying that I have the 34 29er version and they are stiff enough, though I don’t know if the 26inch version comes in 150. If it does get that one

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Lyrics, massively impressed with mine and that’s a faulty 2nd hand set!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whats 10mm between friends, get some 160mm 36’s and leave them alone.

Or some bombers – the new 55’s look good

Rev’s just look skinny on a proper bike!

mrflaky
    Free Member

I’ve got some 150mm 36’s for sale, talas model, just bung in some more air if you want them harder!

Aside from the fact I am selling some, I do rate the fox’s currently trying to decide between some new 36’s or a set of Bos for the new bike, hard pushed to choose.

geetee1972
    Free Member

BOS Devilles here. I’m 105kg and they are stiff enough for me. I tried revelations and 32 mm foxes but both were just too ‘noodly’ for me. The front wheel had a tendency to flex disconcertingly forwards on landings. The Devilles are available in both 160mm and 140mm but not 150mm. They are however very good indeed.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Float 36 awesome, I’ve had a set for 3 years pretty light and not flexy,
    can be adjusted with spacer from 160 all the way to 100mm 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘150mm forks for a big un on a hefty bike?’ is closed to new replies.