Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • £1500ish to spend, any deals about?
  • andypandy85
    Free Member

Sorry if this is the kind of post that grinds your gears, but I’m looking for recommendations. I want a full susser for general riding, trail centres, and Scottish mountains, but have no idea where to start looking. I’m scouring the usual places for a second hand bargain but they’re few and far between as they’re either dodgy ads or people trying to sell their bikes for much more than they’re worth.

Second hand, I’ve been looking at the Lapierre Zesty, Mondraker Foxy, Commencal Meta, Spesh Stumpy, Orange Alpine, any votes for/against any of these and why?

Obviously for £1500 I’m not going to get a super light, dripping in bling trail slayer, but what/where would people recommend I look at?

Budget is about £1500 (can stretch it if I have to), I’m 6ft so probably need a large, at least 140mm travel, preferably 1×10 or 2×10, and NOT A 29’ER!!

Looked at the Canyon site, and they don’t tickle my fancy even though they’re value for money, as I’d be getting the bottom spec for my budget.

Any advice or pointers very much appreciated 🙂

Thanks in advance, Andy

weeksy

The new Meta AM on fishface cycles?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sprockets cycles in Kilmarnock have a transition covert on their site for 2500, it’s now down to 2000, but I reckon they’d go as low as 1800? Kashima shock, lyriks, it’d be a great buy.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Completely forgot about Mega’s, doh!

The Covert is bang tidy, might give them a ring and see if they’ll be nice to me!

Commencal Meta is nice too, so many options though!

Cheers chaps, any more for any more?!

alexdodd
    Free Member

What about a new ’12 bike since you’re trying to avoid 29ers 🙂 ?
    http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/saracen-ariel-142-12
    are you near an EBC?

Pop by the canonmills branch its quieter than the other in the sale and the guys there can check whats actually in stock in your size with similar ideas….

deviant
    Free Member

For £1500 I would go for that Ariel, I had one and it was great, very competent bike, better than me, never felt out of my depth riding anything because of how good it was.

I’d be seriously tempted by an El Guapo too, £1500 and the spec is awesome, very rugged looking machine.

Canyon are doing some good stuff for your price range, can’t believe there’s nothing there you like!?

jockthestore
    Free Member

I’ve got an orange 5 for sale if you are interested…

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/jockthestore/album/5-for-sale-2013/

andypandy85
    Free Member

Yet again, more bikes I’d not thought of, many thanks!

chakaping
    Free Member

Second hand, I’ve been looking at the Lapierre Zesty, Mondraker Foxy

Me too recently, and people generally asking way over the odds – especially for the Mondrakers for some reason. Merlin are doing the frames new for £870 at the moment – leaving just about enough to finish the build on budget.

There’s a large Zesty 414 keeps appearing in the classifieds just a little bit overpriced though – I reckon the owner might take a reasonable offer.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Not sure if there is any available still but bike park wales have been selling off last years trek remedy 8’s for £1400 and they are in great condition, only used for a few months i guess.

alexdodd
    Free Member

Fairly hard to beat that aerial at that price!

p7rich
    Free Member

Have you looked at the Outlet section on Canyon site? Mucho dealios there…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Have you checked out Pinkbike.Some decent stiff on there I thought.

therag
    Free Member

I’ve advertised my transition covert a few times for around £2300 but have had little interest.
    It’s a 2012 top build with kashima, reverb and x0 kit 1×10.
    I’d go down to £2050. New it cost £4400 so I think it’s a fair price?
    It’s a medium and I’m 6ft.
    Let me know if you’d like any more info on it.
    Cheers

Cheezpleez
    bazingaeuan

Get a 29er.

RRD
    Free Member

What about Rose Bikes? If I remember correctly the granite(?) is the 140mm travel bike

biking_jk
    Free Member

Hi,

I am selling a Mega TR –> it is mint condition and you can pretty much steel it off me 🙁

Photo’s here: –

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1450109/

Regards,

Jim

weeksy

Cheezpleez – Member

Bargain Jekyll?

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s1p5187/CANNONDALE-JEKYLL-3-2013

Lots of bike for not a lot of money.

yossarian
    Free Member

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s1p5187/CANNONDALE-JEKYLL-3-2013

Swap the forks for some discounted pikes and save up for a dropper post. Perfect.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘£1500ish to spend, any deals about?’ is closed to new replies.